Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Because Baja!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Because Baja!

It's about dang time UPS man!!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
What did that cost you?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Oh God no. $1500 for that?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Oh God no. $1500 for that?
http://youtu.be/avr7enrZuJQ

With that out of the way, let's be nice.
That's the least expensive way to have the best OEM suspension available.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice/Mean ain't involved. I just don't get it. But that's me. Party on.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Pm'd ya.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
http://youtu.be/avr7enrZuJQ

With that out of the way, let's be nice.
That's the least expensive way to have the best OEM suspension available.
why OEM? it's meant to be as cheap to Toyota as possible. I'm just saying with a site like TW and all the aftermarket available, why OEM?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2006Yota View Post
Do the Baja coils provide more lift vs the regular trd off road?
they are the equivalent to setting 5100's to 1.75" but the baja's provide no lift in the rear over any other tacoma.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
why OEM? it's meant to be as cheap to Toyota as possible. I'm just saying with a site like TW and all the aftermarket available, why OEM?
x2 on this. part of the reason i bought my truck is because of the large aftermarket.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
That was the nicest thing I could say about it; that's my why. Of course, all products are "meant to be as cheap" to the manufacturer as possible.

As for the OP, we may never know. My guess is they wanted the top of the line, OEM suspension, but without the cost (and decals) of a BAJA, and that's what they have.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
They're not that bad . They do offer the same amount of travel as a extended length coilover . Same with rear . What leaf pack does a baja use
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would be willing to bet , if it's an OEM part , the lift and any subsequent issues would be covered under warranty

Just a guess though
Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #14

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
They're not that bad . They do offer the same amount of travel as a extended length coilover . Same with rear . What leaf pack does a baja use
same one that came stock on our trucks. there is no lift in the rear of the baja, just bilstein race shocks. those rear shocks cant accept a lift anyways.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
??

inches, front wheel travel is limited by the the upper A-arm design which is retained from the stock Tacoma. The enormous 60mm Bilstein shocks (originally designed for motor home use) will support more travel should a buyer decide to swap out the A-arm for an aftermarket unit. The Baja receives new springs all the way around for two-inch bump in height and rear suspension travel is increased from 8.5 to 10 inches. To help in cooling and performance, the rear shocks are upgraded to 50mm units that sport a remote reservoir.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats !
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Pm'd ya.
Uh, I guess you PM'd somebody. But it tweren't me.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
x2 on this. part of the reason i bought my truck is because of the large aftermarket.
Are 5160's considered OEM now that they come on a Baja? Vendors have been selling them for awhile for around $400/pair. The 9100's are not available in the "aftermarket" for our application the last time I checked.

Also just because something is "aftermarket" it doesn't automatically make it superior to something you can buy from Toyota.

IMO these shocks are better than any Iron Man, OME, or Toytec setup. Probably not as good as the almighty Icons or Kings, but not bad shocks either.

Why buy from Toyota and not go aftermarket?

It's true that TRD parts are not always the absolute best performing parts out there, but their fit, finish, and engineering are always top notch. This is why people shell out the money for TRD CAI's, superchargers, and exhausts when there are clearly cheaper or better performing kits.

I do not anticipate having any issues with vibes, squeaks, or leaks with this kit. I may be wrong, but only time will tell. It's only shocks, nothing permanent, if I don't like it I will buy something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
same one that came stock on our trucks. there is no lift in the rear of the baja, just bilstein race shocks. those rear shocks cant accept a lift anyways.

The rear 5160's can accept up to a 1" lift, the exact same as the 5100s I have on the rear now. The almighty Icon kits only give you 1.5", so it's not that big of a difference. (I will have an add a leaf)

If I decide to enter the Baja 1000 or the King of Hammers since I have Baja I will post a vid
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #19

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
Are 5160's considered OEM now that they come on a Baja? Vendors have been selling them for awhile for around $400/pair. The 9100's are not available in the "aftermarket" for our application the last time I checked.

Also just because something is "aftermarket" it doesn't automatically make it superior to something you can buy from Toyota.

IMO these shocks are better than any Iron Man, OME, or Toytec setup. Probably not as good as the almighty Icons or Kings, but not bad shocks either.

Why buy from Toyota and not go aftermarket?

It's true that TRD parts are not always the absolute best performing parts out there, but their fit, finish, and engineering are always top notch. This is why people shell out the money for TRD CAI's, superchargers, and exhausts when there are clearly cheaper or better performing kits.

I do not anticipate having any issues with vibes, squeaks, or leaks with this kit. I may be wrong, but only time will tell. It's only shocks, nothing permanent, if I don't like it I will buy something else.

The rear 5160's can accept up to a 1" lift, the exact same as the 5100s I have on the rear now. The almighty Icon kits only give you 1.5", so it's not that big of a difference. (I will have an add a leaf)

If I decide to enter the Baja 1000 or the King of Hammers since I have Baja I will post a vid
Well I guess I feel honored to be the only one called out in this thread...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #20

Translation: Street use/Dirt Roads, so it really doesn't matter.

Which, sure, if you want, but I still think it's a poor value as a purchase.