1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by samer312, May 10, 2013.

1. May 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
    samer312

samer312 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Alexandria VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement TRD OR
    In the middle of my Satoshi build (having quite a crack at it) but I do have a quick question. Is there any clear benefit to attaching the mesh via threaded rod verse a zip tie? The zip tie method looks easier but I don't want to do the easy thing if it is not as good as Epoxying a threaded rod.

thanks for the help:)

2. May 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    llibrm

llibrm OH NOOOOOO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Winthrop, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB, 06 LC120 (sold)
    Pelfreybilt Aluminum Bumper, KING 2.5 on all four corners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Cobra 75 w/ 3' Firestick, 2M/ 70cm Radio w/ Diamond NR770HB, Pelfreybilt bed bar, Lightforce Stiker 170s, BD 20" OnX6, BD S2 ditch lites, BD Fogs
    In my vast experience with Ty-raps, they do dry out and become brittle. The rate depends on many factors. I'm thinking of attempting this myself soon, and I plan on using threaded rod.

You could get stainless Ty-wraps and they would hold strong, but they're a bitch to work with.

3. May 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    I got threaded rod on mines. My nuts get loose here and there, lol. Use some loc tite with it an you should be good. Or some kind of glue, maybe not as strong as loctite. But so far its been holding up for a year now.

4. May 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I did both. Threaded on the outsides and did zip ties on top and bottom, holds great.

Products Discussed in

To Top