Notices

I am doing it!

Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
I am doing it!

I just finished putting the first coat of paint on my emblems!!! Man they sucked to get off! The dental floss thing didn't have a chance! The wifes hair dryer and a sraper did the job!

Now I am getting ready to take of my headlights for the BHLM! Wish me luck!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ive been wanting to do the bhlm for a while im nervous how it would turn out!!! let us know how it goes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
ive been wanting to do the bhlm for a while im nervous how it would turn out!!! let us know how it goes
x2!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Muliefever
Got the head lights off. First attemt to seperate the passender light was a no go, almost though! It is in the oven as we speak getting heated back up! i will keep you posted!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post
Got the head lights off. First attemt to seperate the passender light was a no go, almost though! It is in the oven as we speak getting heated back up! i will keep you posted!
Keep an eye on it!!! Don't let TW distract you.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Muliefever
Ha ha! I got them apart and the first coat of paint is on them

I will continue to coat them throughout the night, 3-4 light coats. My emblems are done and look fantastic! I will put everything back on Sat. Morning! Hopefully I will have my tires too!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
PICS, I want PICS... I really want high quality PICS
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
What kind and type of paint are you using on the emblems?

Also, how are you reinstalling the emblems?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Muliefever
I am using Krylon Fusion for plastic. All I did was scuffed the surface area of the emblems emery cloth wash in hot soapy water and dry. 4 coates later walla!

I did the exact same thing with my headlights. Except I used 250 grit fine sandpaper then painted 4 coates. I will post pics of that tomorrow

Look at the difference thus far!

Before:

After:
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i took my emblems off thinking i wanted to paint them but decided that i like how the truck looks with nothing on it, maybe your finished product will change my mind.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
i took my emblems off thinking i wanted to paint them but decided that i like how the truck looks with nothing on it, maybe your finished product will change my mind.

You should throw them back on after doing them black.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
rejTRD is on a distinguished road
rejTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I am doing it!

that looks great but what type of adhesive are you going to use to get them back on?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
more pics please of headlights
Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejtrd View Post
that looks great but what type of adhesive are you going to use to get them back on?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i just did mine last night also. i was really nervious about doing it but after i was done with it and saw how it looked i was glad i did it

Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Dental floss didn't hold up? The floss works really well when i did mine, but i learned really quick that i need gloves on so the floss didn't cut up my fingers. Well, you got them off, and thats what matters. They look real good in the pics, can't wait to see them on!!