Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Let's See Some Softoppers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
Did you shop around and look into the Softopper as well?
I did. I like the windows and the rear flap configuration better on this soft top
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
DawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DawsonvilleDave's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd...really thinking of picking one of these up for my Taco.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
FirefighterTN is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Squad
Name: Joe
FirefighterTN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
Congrats on the deal! Can't beat that price!
really good deal!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #24
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I love the way these tops look and the functionality of them. Very rugged looking. What kind of prices do these go for?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Mine

That's just f@kin badass!!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #26
FirefighterTN is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Squad
Name: Joe
FirefighterTN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
I love the way these tops look and the functionality of them. Very rugged looking. What kind of prices do these go for?

I got mine directly from soft topper website. There are accessories you can get like a rear mesh window and a cover. My purchase with a cover and shipping around $715.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine

That the Aluminess bumper?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #28
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
been on the fence for a softtopper for a few weeks now. the biggest thing is im always putting my ATV in the box, tailgate up. with the soft topper folded up im worried the front bumper/tires on my atv will ruin the topper.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #30
stainbrain is on a distinguished road
stainbrain's Tacoma Gallery
I had the soft topper on a double cabTundra and loved it! The only thing that bothered me was the Velcro I had to attach to the tailgate, is that still how it attaches? I saw a soft topper on a Nissan Frontier today and he had a pole that attached inside the tracks. Any help would be appreciated. I don't like drilling anything or using Velcro. Weird but it is me.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
prerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
prerunner11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainbrain View Post
I had the soft topper on a double cabTundra and loved it! The only thing that bothered me was the Velcro I had to attach to the tailgate, is that still how it attaches? I saw a soft topper on a Nissan Frontier today and he had a pole that attached inside the tracks. Any help would be appreciated. I don't like drilling anything or using Velcro. Weird but it is me.
You don't need to use the velcro on the tailgate since that's bar you're referring to is there.

I originally hadn't put the velcro on the tailgate, then noticed it was leaking a little water back there so I put it on. After the temperature warmed up again the velcro pulled right off with the softtopper. I don't have the velcro on anymore.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
Hey i like your set up....soft topper and rack!!! Looks good and serves many purposes!!!
Is that a common rack or custom.... ?
Mind posting some close up pics of the rack mounting points? Does the rack get in the way to fold down the topper?

Thanks in advance
I think itís a custom rack. and I think itís tall enough that he can still fold it down.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner11 View Post
You don't need to use the velcro on the tailgate since that's bar you're referring to is there.

I originally hadn't put the velcro on the tailgate, then noticed it was leaking a little water back there so I put it on. After the temperature warmed up again the velcro pulled right off with the softtopper. I don't have the velcro on anymore.
Ok, that is good to know. How does it attach up near the cab, again on the Tundra I needed to install snaps into the bed to keep the front of the soft topper near the cab from flapping, their was a Velcro option but I had a rhino liner and the Velcro would not adhere to the rhino liner. Any help Is appreciated.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #34
prerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Ok, that is good to know. How does it attach up near the cab, again on the Tundra I needed to install snaps into the bed to keep the front of the soft topper near the cab from flapping, their was a Velcro option but I had a rhino liner and the Velcro would not adhere to the rhino liner. Any help Is appreciated.
The section closest to the cab is installed with velcro and/or snaps.

Initially I only had the velcro, but after riding around with the sides and back rolled up on the highway a couple times the velcro came undone. I added some of the snaps on the inside of the bed and it's not an issue anymore.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #35
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
That the Aluminess bumper?
Thats not Aluminess. It's a hybrid of an Armortech bumper with Demello adding on the swingout.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner11 View Post
The section closest to the cab is installed with velcro and/or snaps.

Initially I only had the velcro, but after riding around with the sides and back rolled up on the highway a couple times the velcro came undone. I added some of the snaps on the inside of the bed and it's not an issue anymore.
Thank you, didn't someone attach the snaps near the cab somehow to the track system?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats not Aluminess. It's a hybrid of an Armortech bumper with Demello adding on the swingout.
That's a very nice setup!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
Numbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to all
Name: Jason
Numbnutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
I bought mine from lakelandgear.com for $629 shipped
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #40
Quote:
Thank you, didn't someone attach the snaps near the cab somehow to the track system?
Not that I know of...

ajohnson - Bonus points for having a softtopper with custom side window panels. Was that an option you got through softtopper or was it a DIY?

Products Discussed in this Thread