Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Let's See Some Softoppers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Let's See Some Softoppers

I recently bought a Softopper soft top not too long ago and absolutely love it. I've seen several other TacomaWorlders with them on their build pages and figured we could use one thread to really show them off. Regardless on if you purchased a Softopper or a Bestop or even built one yourself, post some pics and show them off. First gens are more than welcome to post pics as well!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a couple...

Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just took this today.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Numbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to all
Name: Jason
Numbnutz's Tacoma Gallery
The only one of mine that I can find ATM

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub. i want to get the soft topper one.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
sub. i want to get the soft topper one.
I kept seeing them on here and decided to get one after seeing all the reviews on them. It's definitely a worthwhile purchase. Especially if you get the use out of it.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Softopper is next on my list too.
Doording has a few pics in his build thread also.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my Bestop and my camping/expo setup.

Attached Thumbnails
Let's See Some Softoppers-utah_7517.jpg   Let's See Some Softoppers-utah_7757.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
I kept seeing them on here and decided to get one after seeing all the reviews on them. It's definitely a worthwhile purchase. Especially if you get the use out of it.
yeah i did not know about them till i saw them on here.

I want one for road trips and to have more room to keep stuff dry. We go to WNY about once a year, and take a few coolers(best damn chicken fingers and wings you can find. so we get some and bring them back.) also stuff sticks up higher then bed sids so lock in roll wont work. Itís like 650 miles and we always have to put stuff in dry bags and garbage bags to keep it dry. would be nice to just load up and go.

BUT i also need full use of the bed, I mow a small business and just take a push mower, back pack blower and weed eater most weeks. The mower handle sticks up higher then the cab, so i need something that folds down.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to get a pic up of my new one soon . All I have for now . Just picked it up a week ago .

Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #11

Quote:
yeah i did not know about them till i saw them on here.

I want one for road trips and to have more room to keep stuff dry. We go to WNY about once a year, and take a few coolers(best damn chicken fingers and wings you can find. so we get some and bring them back.) also stuff sticks up higher then bed sids so lock in roll wont work. Itís like 650 miles and we always have to put stuff in dry bags and garbage bags to keep it dry. would be nice to just load up and go.

BUT i also need full use of the bed, I mow a small business and just take a push mower, back pack blower and weed eater most weeks. The mower handle sticks up higher then the cab, so i need something that folds down.

I hear you there buddy. I got the Softopper because I am originally from New York, so on long weekends that I get I go home and see the family and whatnot. But, I do carry a few things. Bags, my guns, etc. What I like about the Softopper (Bestop also does this) is that you can roll up the sides (or pull them out for Bestop) and ride around like my first pic up there. Or, like you said, if you need to use the bed, you can fold it down or easily enough just take a couple cotter pins out and it comes right off without a problem. Very versatile.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #12

Looking good guys, looking damn good!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
GO VOLS!

Quote:
I hear you there buddy. I got the Softopper because I am originally from New York, so on long weekends that I get I go home and see the family and whatnot. But, I do carry a few things. Bags, my guns, etc. What I like about the Softopper (Bestop also does this) is that you can roll up the sides (or pull them out for Bestop) and ride around like my first pic up there. Or, like you said, if you need to use the bed, you can fold it down or easily enough just take a couple cotter pins out and it comes right off without a problem. Very versatile.
oh nice. and yeah, we go from around knoxville TN up i-75 and hit 71 in OH, and then 90 all the way up to around hamburg NY. Usually hit rain or snow if itís winter. Half the time the garbage bags rip because you canít get all the air out and it flops around in the wind. but usually its 2 or 3 of us going, so we have quite a bit of stuff.

I never thought about doing anything because of having to have full use of bed so much, but then saw the best top and soft topper and it would be nice to have. anything els like lock and roll, or hard bed cover wont work because of hight, and i donít want a hard shell because it takes 2 or 3 people to take it off and put back on.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #14

Quote:
oh nice. and yeah, we go from around knoxville TN up i-75 and hit 71 in OH, and then 90 all the way up to around hamburg NY. Usually hit rain or snow if itís winter. Half the time the garbage bags rip because you canít get all the air out and it flops around in the wind. but usually its 2 or 3 of us going, so we have quite a bit of stuff.

I never thought about doing anything because of having to have full use of bed so much, but then saw the best top and soft topper and it would be nice to have. anything els like lock and roll, or hard bed cover wont work because of hight, and i donít want a hard shell because it takes 2 or 3 people to take it off and put back on.

That's why I knew the Softopper would be worth the investment for myself. Easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to take off in an instant if you need it off.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
GO VOLS!

Quote:
That's why I knew the Softopper would be worth the investment for myself. Easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to take off in an instant if you need it off.
yep! I agree. as long as you just looking for easy dry storage and not real security they are great.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys have good pics with the cover on ? Also did you apply the seam sealer ?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #17

I never applied seam sealer. And what kind of pics you need? Full, in-depth pics in-and-out of the Softopper on the truck? Cause if so, I can take a few tomorrow morning when the sun comes out.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #18
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never applied seam sealer. And what kind of pics you need? Full, in-depth pics in-and-out of the Softopper on the truck? Cause if so, I can take a few tomorrow morning when the sun comes out.
Just some pretty good ones with the cover on from the outside . I put it on once and it didn't come look right . Do you roll the cab window in it ? Or take it off ?

I put the sealer on and it came out pretty good . Just try to overlap the seam straight as you can and wipe up the drips as they appear . Don't let it get on any other part of the truck either .
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #19

If you look at how mine is rolled up, I roll up the sides and the tailgate panel. I normally do the tailgate panel first, and then the two sides. But I never take off the panel right up at the cab. I'll get better pics of how I do it tomorrow for ya. Show you how I got it set up in closer detail.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #20
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
With the cover on though right ? Did you get the cover for when you fold it down ?

Products Discussed in this Thread