Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not just a body mount chop, but relocated!!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't geared yet. I wanted to see just what I could fit first. Kinda thinking 4:88's?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
4:88s
Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
r3dn3ck13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Clayton
r3dn3ck13's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension set up?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #27
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Body mount mod looks good.

But on the tires-make sure you dont rub at stuff and full lock, not ride height. That tires not even close to clearing at either.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. I had to chop my body mount back pretty far for 35's. my big issue is it rubbing on the frame due to tire width at full lock. I put in 4.56 when i had 33's and it was perfect - now with 35's I wish I had 4.88 gears. That would be the minimum gear i would run with 37's

a solution would be to weld metal into your steering stop to limit your full lock. I've seen folks do this and its on my to do list so I don't have to think about the rubbing at lock anymore.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #29
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
looks good. I had to chop my body mount back pretty far for 35's. my big issue is it rubbing on the frame due to tire width at full lock. I put in 4.56 when i had 33's and it was perfect - now with 35's I wish I had 4.88 gears. That would be the minimum gear i would run with 37's

a solution would be to weld metal into your steering stop to limit your full lock. I've seen folks do this and its on my to do list so I don't have to think about the rubbing at lock anymore.
Doin that this weekend. According to the butt dyno, the new tires are eating my frame rails when at full lock.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
subed
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
gjtacoma is on a distinguished road
gjtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Been waiting for someone to do this!!! I also want to see the mount inside...
Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
r3dn3ck13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Clayton
r3dn3ck13's Tacoma Gallery
defiantly interested in this.. would like to learn more how it was done. eventually would like to try 37's for shitsngigs.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #33
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure my wheels are 4.5" back spacing and are 16x10's I thought that I was gonna rub the frame but with the 385/75/16 Toyo MT's (which was just a test fit tire) I didn't hit my frame at all. It did however rub the upper control arm at full turn. Ill take some better pic's and get them up this weekend.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #36
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
This is what tubbing is required to stuff a 37" for anyone thinking about it, and this was with the AP long travel kit as well which relocates the spindle an inch forward as well. I also moved the firewall area back further than the OP too. I just dont want people thinking its easy to fit a tire that large, more than just the body mount.

Looks good though and way to try something new.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #38
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
This is what tubbing is required to stuff a 37" for anyone thinking about it, and this was with the AP long travel kit as well which relocates the spindle an inch forward as well. I also moved the firewall area back further than the OP too. I just dont want people thinking its easy to fit a tire that large, more than just the body mount.

Looks good though and way to try something new.
That's some cuttin' right there!

Git r done!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #39

Firefighter:
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the pictures of the inside. Im watching things pretty close to see if anything moves, and so far all is solid. The upper hole is the original body mount, and is still being used. The new whole was super easy to cut with a hole saw, and is used just to help stabilize the plate being used for the new body mount.

My fabricator is going to build everything out of 1/4" plate, and has mocked up a set for a truck without my 2" body lift.
Attached Thumbnails
Not just a body mount chop, but relocated!!-img_0290.jpg   Not just a body mount chop, but relocated!!-img_0291.jpg