Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Arb or allpro bumper

View Poll Results: Allpro or Arb
Arb 82 50.93%
Allpro 79 49.07%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #41
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery

I've got the AllPro APEX Series. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #43
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
I bolt together just isn't sturdy. I'd go ARB or all pro one piece.

thats why you get it welded together down the road. my AP bolt together bumper is no longer a bolt together
Old 05-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #44
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
It's still allpro whether its welded or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'll take the MOG myself...
As would I, even though its a Mercedes.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #45
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
It's still allpro whether its welded or not.

As would I, even though its a Mercedes.
meh, ive ran into rocks and shit with it no problem. seen a ARB get bent up in shipping. do dumb shit its gonna bend no matter what
Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah definitely. I have seen allpro bumpers bend from such minor things.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
yeah definitely. I have seen allpro bumpers bend from such minor things.
Are you still having issues with your front kit?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
BroBraBlahBlah

Of course! although I've weeded out some of the problems like the HD steering. and I did a bit of clearance work on my inner CV's so I hopefully am not rubbing my shaft anymore

I put on allpro supplied "double Teflon" lined upper and lower uniballs. Yeah the Teflon had already started peeling out before I reached 6000 miles. I understand this isn't really an Allpro problem...but seriously how do they wear so fast? this is all street driving.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #49
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
All the allpro supplied uniballs and Heims are made by FK.. our lower uniballs are the same as my buddies uppers that are used on his class 1 buggy that we are racing this upcoming weekend. Infact all of his hardware are FK uniballs and heims .

Arb or allpro bumper-img_20130515_194325_699.jpg
Arb or allpro bumper-img_20130515_194917_101.jpg

Old 05-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #50
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
The stupid headlight tubes serve a purpose...namely protecting the headlights
Yeah and "special" kids need helmets too.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #51
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My All-Pro serves me well
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #52
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
FYI this is what my all pro powder coat looked like after 9 months driving in AB and BC.
I see more road salt than you do. After three winters, the All-Pro powder coat is holding up fine except in areas where I've scraped it on terrain. Just got to wash it often.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #53
BroBraBlahBlah

It's a fact, Allpro powder cost sucks.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #54
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I see more road salt than you do.
Do you want a cookie?

We have a mixture of crap on the roads over winter but mostly gravel, OP is just a province west of me so should see similar results. Another guy in my town has an all-pro bumper and he has no powder coat left either after just over a year. Just throwing some relevant information out there.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #55
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
Yeah and "special" kids need helmets too.
It's called deer you jar head. I'd rather have the hoops than have bambi take out my lights and quarter panel.

Yeah, I've seen the All Pro powder coating on trucks that see less road time than mine and the powder coating just flakes off. Not comparable to ARB in that regard at all.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #56
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8turbo View Post

2nd this, however, shipping will get a bit crazy
Old 05-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #57
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I see more road salt than you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
Do you want a cookie?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #58
Ive seen a go pro rip a section of powder coat off of an all pro bumper, i opted to get mine shipped bare and had a local company out here do it. has held up great so far.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #59
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Allpro I like the looks for myself.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #60
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
IMO ARB is hideous. It is. When ordering my AllPro I called both AllPro and Demello and liked the service of AllPro better.

Mine (front and rear) are just rattlecanned and I couldn't be happier.