Notices

Arb or allpro bumper

View Poll Results: Allpro or Arb
Arb 82 50.93%
Allpro 79 49.07%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #61
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
Why does it matter anyway? Don't Canadians still ride horses eh?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #62
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
ARB is too heavy and All Pro is too flimsy. I'd get a tube bumper built or purchase an aluminum Relentless bumper. Demello if you are hell bent on a steel plate bumper.

You can have tube bumpers built that will mount a winch.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #63
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
ARB is too heavy and All Pro is too flimsy. I'd get a tube bumper built or purchase an aluminum Relentless bumper. Demello if you are hell bent on a steel plate bumper.

AllPro is too flimsy? The Apex weighs in closer to 150 pounds. Great welds, great angles. It take it over a tube bumper.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #64
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Allpro because there wasn't an option for Bruteforce I like the look much better than ARB personally. It's all personal opinion for looks and I am going the rattlecan route as well. Duplicolor Bed Armour Black Can
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #65
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post

The All-Pro bumper is stronger than tube bumpers, especially in the "wings" sections. And Demello's mounting scheme is similar to All-Pro's standard bumper, worse than the Apex.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #66
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
neither check out crusin offroad.. he is a custom fabricator here in canada top notch stuff.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #67
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
neither check out crusin offroad.. he is a custom fabricator here in canada top notch stuff.
I really like the rear bumper he does for the Taco. Bit expensive though
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #68
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
I really like the rear bumper he does for the Taco. Bit expensive though
Thats my fault lol but his front bumper is pritty BA in my books. also here in canada everything is expensive something you guys get in the states could be 800 lets say here it would be closer to 1200-1400 yay Canadian government for the ass raping non smoke giving win... but anyways sorry for thread jack... cough cough crusin offroad....
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Good god!!!! 150 seems excessive! But def should be far from flimsy
Maybe 130... felt like 150. If I had installed a winch I never would have gotten it on the truck by myself, probably wouldn't even have been able to get it off the ground.

I don't know how the 3 piece was made, but the APEX is a beast.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #74
Joe in the hills is on a distinguished road
Marines: A-1-6 Mar Div FMF 0311, 4311
Name: Joe
Joe in the hills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Which do you prefer. This is the choice I have in Canada. Both say they are airbag compliant.

I am leaning towards allpro. The arb just seems a little too boxy.
ARB or TMJ will require heavier shooks because of their weight.

I went with Bilsteins.Arb or allpro bumper-tjm-bumper.jpg
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #75
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is quite a bit of false information in this thread. Smh
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #76
I'm just here for the beer and tacos
Sten is on a distinguished road

Name: Sten
Sten's Tacoma Gallery
I went all pro. I didn't like how the ARB used the top inch or two of the original bumper on the 2012-13. (mostly because mine was tore there. i'm happy with the all pro apex though. looks pretty sharp. haven't had any bumps really.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #77
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro Apex bumper looks the best IMO.

I'm ordering mine in June.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #79
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
This is the Internet that can't be possible
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #80
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The All-Pro bumper is stronger than tube bumpers, especially in the "wings" sections. And Demello's mounting scheme is similar to All-Pro's standard bumper, worse than the Apex.
The original all pro bumper's wings would shake at high speed and bend if any of the truck's weight came to rest on them while rock crawling. I removed my light bar and needed a hi lift jack to get the mounting points to line up upon re-install.

The powder coating flakes like it's spray paint. I have experienced that with my all pro bumper, rear bumper, and long travel kit.

I had my bumper for 2-3 years of hard use. It was not bad, but it was certainly not the best. Certianly did not offer enough protection to justify its weight. A one piece design is much better.