1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arb or allpro bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rhowell, May 18, 2013.

?

Allpro or Arb

Poll closed Jun 17, 2013.
  1. Arb

82 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Allpro

79 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. May 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    tacoontherock

tacoontherock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad
    Camburg Coilovers,billy 5100 in rear, Blacked out emblems,Satoshi color matched grill, Flowmaster 50, Allpro Apex front and rear bumpers.
    Allpro Apex.:D Love mine!

2. May 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Do you have experience with trail gear armor? There was a guy on here who rolled his truck and landed on his trail gear front bumper and it tweaked the bumper slightly but the bumper was barely messed up from the roll and was repairable. Do you see threads of people complaining about their trail gear armor and how it has failed? I have not. I see people complaining about their all pro armor failing all the time.

Between the two choices I would choose the ARB over all pro. The all pro apex one piece bumper looks to be pretty good too. I would choose a different bumper all together personally. I would go with a bruteforce fab hybrid or an ATO hybrid.

3. May 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Go to pirate4x4 and search trailgear ...

4. May 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    I've heard they had trouble in the past with a lot of stuff. A lot of their stuff is still sketchy and idk if I would trust their stuff other than armor. The 2nd gen TG front bumpers are ugly imo. I like the ones for 1st gen tacomas and older toyota pickups and 4runners.

Here's the thread where Brian rolled his truck on his trail gear front bumper. Post #2 is where the pics of the roll start. I've also seen pics of trucks resting in the stinger after rolling over and the bumper takes it no problem. I looked on pirate, yotatech and google and all I found were people saying good things about there bumpers and sliders and mixed, but mostly negative for things besides armor.

5. May 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    If you are planning on rolling your truck, perhaps a bumper is not the first thing to buy.
    Good insurance might be a start.

6. May 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    Thanks for all the votes and feedback! Aside from our "so cal" powdercoating, our bumpers are holding up great.

We have also been an ARB dealer for years, and they do make good products. ARB's approach to armor is vastly different from ours - Austrailian outback vs. US rock crawling/trails. Our heritage is in professional rock crawling and our designs reflect what works the best on challenging trails.

Our bolt-together bumper serves the purpose of being strong in key areas, while being relatively light weight for the best off-road performance. It also has great approach angles and added clearance for larger tires.

Our APex bumper is a solid one-piece design that is heavy-duty, yet weighs more, and also offers full hoops. Plus, we feel our bumpers are aesthetically pleasing as well.

I've personally ran both on my truck, and prefer our lighter, bolt-together design for the best overall performance for my style of driving and the area in which I live.

OP, we will be at The Gear Shop's Grand Opening on June 7th in Calgary with our '12 Tacoma that has our new aluminum version of our APex front bumper, so come by and check it out if you live near there.

7. May 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    I still don't see any flimsiness in the bolt-ons. I've hit boulders and come around corners and bumped trees and there's nothing flimsy about them. I would jack my truck up from the wings if I needed to. They sure don't vibrate when driving or move around in any way at all.

8. May 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    I hit a Honda Accord earlier this week....pushed her rear quarter panel into the trunk....her car might be totaled, due to the cars age & total damages. And on mine.....some light scratches. I was impressed & so was the Deputy that handled the incident.

[​IMG]

9. May 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Was she good-looking? :D

Quality of the steel in a plate bumper doesn't really matter. As far as I know, none of the mfrs do heat treatment or normalizing on the bumpers after welding. The steel is likely better than what Hino uses for the frame...

10. May 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Nope.....but she was probably pissed.

11. May 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    I'm just basing it off of a report earlier in the thread. If I had the three piece I would weld it immediately.

I personally could care less; APEX or death.

12. May 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    I saw this Aluminum bumper at Overland Expo and it is sweet. Totally has me rethinking my plans for the front end of my truck.

13. May 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    :popcorn: check my sig, ARB.

14. Aug 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    whatcaneyedo

whatcaneyedo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Prince George, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Sport
    I'm in the same situation right now and I'm planning on getting the All Pro Apex because it looks like I should be able to retrofit the stock fog lights into it whereas there is no way of using them on the ARB. I also prefer the overall look of it. I was very tempted to choose Cruisin Off Road but from what I've gathered his site has been up for three years and he has so far only produced a few prototypes. I'll have the Apex powdercoated locally. bcsupertrucks.com located in Abbotsford, BC has given me a reasonable quote, I'm just waiting on them to figure out what it will cost to ship it a little further north to Prince George.

I had a look at most of the other options listed on this site, some flat out refuse to ship to Canada while the rest would cost an additional +$600 in freight, duty and brokerage.

15. Aug 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Loutennant

Loutennant Lurker Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Augusta, GA
    Had an ARB on my last Toyota and I loved it. Both the aesthetics and function. Bought it in Alaska for the protection both on trails and from wildlife. They're the front-runners right now for my next bumper, but I'm also looking at CBI and Pelfreybilt.

16. May 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
  17. May 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    We just posted our Memorial Day Sale... head over to our All-Pro page and check it out!

18. May 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    mAtTyG04

mAtTyG04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quick Sand OR
    6112 Front Suspension, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Nitto Ridge Grappler - LT285/75R17 C, Rear Blackout Tacoma Badge, De-badged, Icon Rebound Wheels, TRD Grill Gights, CBI Ditch Light Brackets w/ Baja Design Lights, Husky Liners, JBA UCAs, Geenlane Off-road Sliders, Tacotrooper Decal, DuraBump Rear Bump Stops, Pro-clip USA Phone Mount
    allpro likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top