Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Arb or allpro bumper

View Poll Results: Allpro or Arb
Arb 82 50.93%
Allpro 79 49.07%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Arb or allpro bumper

Which do you prefer. This is the choice I have in Canada. Both say they are airbag compliant.

I am leaning towards allpro. The arb just seems a little too boxy.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Eldo is on a distinguished road
Eldo's Tacoma Gallery
check out "the gear shop" for All Pro. https://www.facebook.com/thegearshop.ca

as for choice between the 2 brands,.. 1 is more robust, and one looks WAAAY better (in my opinion). i'd pick the All Pro.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
On that note. Anyone know if there is a supplier in Canada for allpro.
National4wd.com , but it's cheaper to order from All-Pro directly and pay GST COD. The All-Pro front bumper is 4-piece, so it can be shipped in two UPS boxes to your home. Other bumpers require truck freight.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat as you when I ordered mine, but for different reasons. I went with ARB mainly because of history of customer service....also, if I went with allpro, I would go with the apex one piece way before I went with the bolt together version....
Old 05-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
i would much rather have an arb. when you hit something youll wish you did too.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go ARB versus Allpro bolt together. But the Apex bumper allpro has looks great! Only gripe with bolt together one is all those bolts that you can see unless you paint them.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Something about a bumper that ships in pieces and bolts together doesn't seem as strong as the solid one piece ARB
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I bolt together just isn't sturdy. I'd go ARB or all pro one piece.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
CanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enoughCanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enough

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
Neither, bring one in from the states.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Call Oui pack if you're interested in an ARB. They have fantastic prices and Tony is great to deal with.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
LOLpro

Avoid ap at all costs
Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
@rhowell: Here's a recent thread on bumper choices with thoughts from different people:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-bumper.html

The ARB bumper is stronger than the frame, which has interesting ramifications in some specific collision scenarios:

ARB-equipped Taco hits deer. Bumper remained in good shape, but frame got tweaked and truck was totaled:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...destroyer.html

All-Pro-equipped Taco hits deer. Bumper "wing" bent and absorbed energy. More damage to headlight, fender and grille, but truck was still economical to repair:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-hit-deer.html

Both trucks were driveable after the crash.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Which do you prefer. This is the choice I have in Canada. Both say they are airbag compliant.

I am leaning towards allpro. The arb just seems a little too boxy.
Cruisin Offroad
Old 05-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
v8turbo is on a distinguished road
v8turbo's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt

Arb or allpro bumper-image.jpg
Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I'll admit that the Apex from AllPro looks the best but I went ARB after seeing pics of different trucks that had deer/vehicle/tree contact.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Dont drive into trees/

Lol i like my all-pro.... but i really like the lines of the CBI
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
ARB, I've rubbed some trees wheeling and no damages. I did buy for deer protection and haven't hit one yet. Winched from it a couple time, even at wide angles it's held up well. Except for the bugs sticking to it, it still looks new!

First week installed.

And now, 2 1/2 years of snow, salt, mud, trees, etc.