Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Back to Blue Oval

Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #41
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr676 View Post
True , but like another poster mention when Chevy and if Ford bring's back the Ranger you will see a lot more.
Not to argue, but why did they discontinue the Ranger?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #42
1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: SSgt. USMC
Name: Chad
1ToughTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with your choice on the 5.0. When my tundra was rear ended I had a 5.0 SCrew XLT as a rental. I liked that engine, not quite what the Tundras 5.7 was, but sounded good when you got on it. Hated the driver ergonomics though. Enjoy the new truck!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #43
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainbrain View Post
personally Chevy/gmc hold up better.
I've never ever heard that before, I guess there's a first time for everything
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #44
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Not to argue, but why did they discontinue the Ranger?
the whole compact pickup market crashed.

nobody wants to buy a tiny truck when they can have a fullsize and get similar gas millage.

when the other companies (toyota, gm, dodge) transformed their compacts into midsized trucks, ford kept the ranger in its compact state.

sales did not grow, and eventually they discontinued it.

they will be back with a more comparable midsize Ranger soon though.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #45
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
I've never ever heard that before, I guess there's a first time for everything
It's their tagline/slogan donchaknow? "The most dependable, longest lasting trucks on the road.."*
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #46
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Traded my 2012 TRD Sport 4 door for a 2013 F-150 FX, enjoyed my time here but I was never happy "I am a Ford man" with the Tacoma and with all the TSB bullshit with the shudder that was all I could take. Thanks I wish everyone well.
That F-150 is a sweet truck. Ignore the tards that are criticizing. The 2nd gen Tacomas look like rolling abortions. Your F150 not only looks sharp but has a solid V8 powering it.

Enjoy your truck.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #47
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy your new truck OP!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #48
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
That F-150 is a sweet truck. Ignore the tards that are criticizing. The 2nd gen Tacomas look like rolling abortions. Your F150 not only looks sharp but has a solid V8 powering it.

Enjoy your truck.

I didn't really notice anyone criticizing him on his choice. Most have been positive which is unusual for a thread like this.

What do I know though? I'm just a tard in a rolling abortion
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #49
MotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura about
Name: Austin
MotorsportsAustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Traded my 2012 TRD Sport 4 door for a 2013 F-150 FX, enjoyed my time here but I was never happy "I am a Ford man" with the Tacoma and with all the TSB bullshit with the shudder that was all I could take. Thanks I wish everyone well.

Good move, I was just looking at those this weekend, Fx4 or XLT, not sure might still go used 7.3L F250 Diesel again until 2015 when all the new stuff from (pretty much everybody) comes out.