Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bolt on slidder...

Old 05-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt on slidder...

... Pics. I'm looking for any good bolt slidder pics. Or help in general. I just got my BAMF bolt ons for my 12 AC and when I mocked one up it seems to line up with holes but the washers that came with it aren't going to be big enough for said holes. A fender washer would work but that seems odd to me. Pics would help immensely. I searched to no avail. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
you need to drill holes.. it wont match up to factory holes.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
gotta drill

I'v got 4Xinnovtion sliders, bolt on model. Only like 3 or 4 hole line up, the rest you have to drill, no big deal. Sharp drill bits are what you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on slidder...-img_0211.jpg   Bolt on slidder...-img_0212.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
I'v got 4Xinnovtion sliders, bolt on model. Only like 3 or 4 hole line up, the rest you have to drill, no big deal. Sharp drill bits are what you need.
can you post some pics looking down on these from the front view. Also, one that shows how far they stick out from the side of the truck. I am looking into buying these and love the look of those.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
4XInnovations

Got these from Adam at 4xinnovations, great product, great guy to work with. The sliders could hold up a building,... truck, no problems. Hope thos helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on slidder...-img_0213.jpg   Bolt on slidder...-img_0217.jpg   Bolt on slidder...-img_0215.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess I was under the impression that you only had to drill a couple holes. Did you guys treat the holes you drilled with anything in particular to prevent rusting?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
I am really getting SICK of you guys making me want to buy more shit for my truck!!! You guys suck!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Those sliders shown here look almost like my Famous Fab ones on the outside, but my frame connecting parts are completely different and 100% bolt-on. FF sliders not available anymore though, I got the last set or close to it.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #10

I guess I should clarify guys. I'm looking for pics at the attachment points to see how you mounted in better detail. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of BAMF DCLB sliders. Bought them here used.

FWIW, all the holes in the vertical portion of the mounts aligned well with oem frame holes.

My sliders came with square plate washers and round typical grade 8 washers. It seems the square plate washers go against the frame and the round washers go against the slider bracket.

My sliders also had a pair of long plate style with welded on nuts for the forward mounts.

The BAMF DCLB sliders were originally designed for 4wd applications. My truck is a 2wd prerunner. One of the brackets, while it aligns with the frame holes, 2 holes per side have rivets in them and a bolt on the lower surface. These fasteners required me to slightly trim the lower flange of the slider. I have not yet removed the rivets and installed bolts but plan to.

I called BAMF about this and Jerry Lee stated that the riveted crossmember for the frame is in a different location 2wd vs 4wd DCLB's.

Regardless though, you will need to drill the slider bracket lower mount holes along the frame rails lower flange.

If you still need photos, I'll take some in a couple days when I get home.

These are, in my opinion pretty stealth and not noticed unless near the truck, but should prove to be very robust.

PK

Want to add, I corrosion proofed all the small parts by glass beading and applying OSPHO, then Rustoleum krinkle painted. The sliders themselves had been LineX'd by the original owner. When the sliders were installed, I coated the fasteners with Mastinox.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
I am really getting SICK of you guys making me want to buy more shit for my truck!!! You guys suck!!!
U don't have sliders every body has sliders... U wanna be cool don't u?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
U wanna be cool don't u?
I do want to be cool!!! I need sliders! Especially on a PreRunner lol.

I have decided that I am the definition of a "Poser"
Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
sly is on a distinguished road
sly's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly is a slidder? Do you mean slider? Or maybe you want to go sledding?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
What exactly is a slidder? Do you mean slider? Or maybe you want to go sledding?
^^^This is all the help I needed^^^. This thread can be closed now.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
I have a set of BAMF DCLB sliders. Bought them here used.

FWIW, all the holes in the vertical portion of the mounts aligned well with oem frame holes.

My sliders came with square plate washers and round typical grade 8 washers. It seems the square plate washers go against the frame and the round washers go against the slider bracket.

My sliders also had a pair of long plate style with welded on nuts for the forward mounts.

The BAMF DCLB sliders were originally designed for 4wd applications. My truck is a 2wd prerunner. One of the brackets, while it aligns with the frame holes, 2 holes per side have rivets in them and a bolt on the lower surface. These fasteners required me to slightly trim the lower flange of the slider. I have not yet removed the rivets and installed bolts but plan to.

I called BAMF about this and Jerry Lee stated that the riveted crossmember for the frame is in a different location 2wd vs 4wd DCLB's.

Regardless though, you will need to drill the slider bracket lower mount holes along the frame rails lower flange.

If you still need photos, I'll take some in a couple days when I get home.

These are, in my opinion pretty stealth and not noticed unless near the truck, but should prove to be very robust.

PK

Want to add, I corrosion proofed all the small parts by glass beading and applying OSPHO, then Rustoleum krinkle painted. The sliders themselves had been LineX'd by the original owner. When the sliders were installed, I coated the fasteners with Mastinox.
Thanks this is what I was looking for. I found out today I didn't get the square backer plates. I have the long piece with the nuts welded on for the front mount in the boxed portion of the frame. If it's not too much trouble I would like to see some detailed pics. I do better if I can see it.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I want to be cool too! I don't have sliders either. I'm going weld-on though, not bolt on.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
I have avid sliders and they lined up perfectly with the factory slots. i did not have to drill at all.