Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Unfortunate changes for the 2013 model

Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
SouthernTacoma
TSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
TSmalls89's Tacoma Gallery
AH, ok. WHOOPS!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
meh, mine dislodge when I corner hard, especially long sweeping onramps which we have a few of.
Add silicone? or dare I say a few screws??
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
Add silicone? or dare I say a few screws??
yeah, I was thinking the same..............or throwing them in the garage....I never use them anyhow.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has Homelink but no storage bins. I would like to have both but Homelink is far more useful to me. My 2009 TRD OR had the storage bins. I left one of them full of spent 223 casings. Buddies were making fun of me because a cranked off 15-20 on a set of piglets that I had orphaned a few weeks before. They found the casings and threw them in the back of my truck. I forgot to check if the dealer left them in there for the next owner.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Mine has Homelink but no storage bins. I would like to have both but Homelink is far more useful to me. My 2009 TRD OR had the storage bins. I left one of them full of spent 223 casings. Buddies were making fun of me because a cranked off 15-20 on a set of piglets that I had orphaned a few weeks before. They found the casings and threw them in the back of my truck. I forgot to check if the dealer left them in there for the next owner.

what the hell you have homelink too??
crap.. I think I got screwed..
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
Luder94 will become famous soon enoughLuder94 will become famous soon enough
Luder94's Tacoma Gallery
I think those piglets got screwed.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
My 11' Sport had the cubbies. I don't miss them in my 13' OR because I never used them. My OR does have homelink, even though i never use it. I have everything the same from my 11' to my 13'. I just have the touch screen, which is a plus.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
they are for creating a platform yes?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #30
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they are for creating a platform yes?
No - just for simple storage. Open little bins.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmalls89 View Post
Umm... my 2013 SR5 4x4 has the storage bins in the bed......
Me too. I have storage bins in the bed of my Taco.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #32
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
he means the ones without doors/covers.

they are more of a "pocket" and are above the wheel wells, not low down and towards the tailgate........

if that makes sense

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eel-wells.html
Nevermind, just saw your post. lol
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
How much do you want for them?
Haha. I was planning on re attaching them with screws.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
They are part of the ultra-exclusive TRD Sport package.

My truck is Canadian too - i know sometimes the packages are different but that usually amounts to us getting less options.
Ultra exclusive.........lol
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #35
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2012 Off-Road last October so I had the choice of a 12 or a 13 at similar prices, the 13's weren't much more. I wanted an Off-Road so I chose the 12 because I wanted the Home Link which didn't come on a 13 unless you got more expensive packages I think. I liked the old school radio without the touch better too. The touchscreen just seems like a fingerprint collection to me. I never use my bins so that didn't factor in at all.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
on my 13 i have 2 tiedown hoops on the sides of my bed near the cab but my 2010 didnt have
2012 has the hoops you speak of...and the storage cubbies over the wheel well.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
Some serious first world problems here in this thread...missing storage cubbies (wait, isn't he bed just one big storage cubbie?), missing garage door opener buttons...

I rue the day they take back the passenger door mirror!

...and we are screwed if they start using chains to hold the tailgates up! Rusty, nasty things!

I'm curious if anyone managed to snag a truck with bias ply tires? Rumor was a few dozen left Japan that way and hit the US, offering indifferent steering (how would we know?!) and random blow outs...

I'll tell you the one thing that should ship standard with these trucks:

Now, to keep things on track, I LOVE those storage bins on my 2011 and think they're a great idea. If the new trucks don't have them, well, that stinks! (But I would buy the truck again without them.)

I just need to work on sealing mine up to keep dust and water out so I can offroad with them and keep bungies back there without fear of them getting all craptastic with dirt and water...
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #38
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 sport 4x4 LB does not have homelink. When i was shopping to buy the truck you could only get the homelink in a short bed. I checked all over. The short beds came with homelink if you got the right package. In the longbeds you dont get homelink. Go figure !!!! They think that people with longbeds dont need the homelink.

Bins, I love bins. All sorts of bins, but mine only has the storage bins with covers. I love them too.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #39
mikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
mikeag11's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't care that my '13 didn't have those bins....until I saw a mod where someone put speakers in them...
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #40
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
lol, I haven't noticed if my '13 has bins or not. I never used them in my '05. Now I have to go out and check. Definitely don't have homelink though, wish I did.

As far as them falling out, I just used some 3m double sided tape, and that kept them in. You know, the same stuff you'd use on the emblems.