Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Unfortunate changes for the 2013 model

Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pissed. I bought a fully loaded truck. W entune.. It was supposed to be the exact same truck as my 12 .. But they told me no more home link for 2013. Crap.... Oh well.. Not really a thing to worry about anyways...
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #43
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I would love it if those damn cubby things were gone. If I go anywhere not on pavement they are both just riding around in my box making noise... I might put lights in them maybe, but that's about the only use I see
Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #44
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
The HomeLink is standard on the Limited. I'm not sure what package it comes with on the Non-Limited's. It is not a stand-alone item as I can tell.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #45
kumz is just really nicekumz is just really nicekumz is just really nicekumz is just really nicekumz is just really nice

Army:
kumz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacozilla View Post
My 2013 sport 4x4 LB does not have homelink. When i was shopping to buy the truck you could only get the homelink in a short bed. I checked all over. The short beds came with homelink if you got the right package. In the longbeds you dont get homelink. Go figure !!!! They think that people with longbeds dont need the homelink.

Bins, I love bins. All sorts of bins, but mine only has the storage bins with covers. I love them too.
because long beds dont fit in garages LOL
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #46
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
Home link in my limited 2013
Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #47
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Some serious first world problems here in this thread...missing storage cubbies (wait, isn't he bed just one big storage cubbie?), missing garage door opener buttons...

I rue the day they take back the passenger door mirror!

...and we are screwed if they start using chains to hold the tailgates up! Rusty, nasty things!

I'm curious if anyone managed to snag a truck with bias ply tires? Rumor was a few dozen left Japan that way and hit the US, offering indifferent steering (how would we know?!) and random blow outs...

I'll tell you the one thing that should ship standard with these trucks:

Now, to keep things on track, I LOVE those storage bins on my 2011 and think they're a great idea. If the new trucks don't have them, well, that stinks! (But I would buy the truck again without them.)

I just need to work on sealing mine up to keep dust and water out so I can offroad with them and keep bungies back there without fear of them getting all craptastic with dirt and water...
you can get a nice app for this!!! http://rollmeover.net/
and you can select a Taco

anyways…. what storage bins are you guys talking about… i recently got my taco and it has 2 bins inside thge walls of the bed
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #48
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
The small storage cubbies can be handy. I keep a hose nozzle in one side and sometimes a tape rule in the other.
However, not having them wouldn't put me in therapy.
For those who don't have them, pick up a set and cut them in. And those that won't stay put, a couple black trim screws will do the trick.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #49
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder94 View Post
I think those piglets got screwed.
they got started on solid food a little early. No more milk from mom.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
aucat77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
aucat77's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a 2013 DCSB about a month ago. The only Taco that comes with Homelink is the "Limited" version. It also comes with leather & heated seats. Had Homelink on my 2005 Lexus and my 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Would be nice to have it & heated seats in the Taco. but not worth the extra $1,500.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #51
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aucat77 View Post
Bought a 2013 DCSB about a month ago. The only Taco that comes with Homelink is the "Limited" version. It also comes with leather & heated seats. Had Homelink on my 2005 Lexus and my 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Would be nice to have it & heated seats in the Taco. but not worth the extra $1,500.

people are reporting sports and offroads with homelink..

I got heated seats.. 1k.. so less than 1.5k..
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #52
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You've been able to get heated leather seats in the Canadian Tacomas since 2008
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #53
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You've been able to get heated leather seats in the Canadian Tacomas since 2008

real leather.. or limited pleather...

which reminds me.. they say our steering wheels in the 12+ are leather trimmed.. I call BS.. they are pleather..
Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
In Canada:

leather package = leather seat surfaces
limited package = SofTex trimmed seats
Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #55
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Only have an 07, so I haven't kept up but I am waiting for the center console storage bin with hinge at the rear so it opens from the front, instead of the side.

Have they done that yet?

Everytime I run out to the passenger side to fetch something I need, I am like dangit... and have to crawl up in seat.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #56
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
Only have an 07, so I haven't kept up but I am waiting for the center console storage bin with hinge at the rear so it opens from the front, instead of the side.

Have they done that yet?

Everytime I run out to the passenger side to fetch something I need, I am like dangit... and have to crawl up in seat.
They have not done that yet.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has Homolink & the storage binz... I scored.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #58
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
What is funny is that my 88 4runner had the exact same pockets above the wheel wells as my 06 Tacoma, in the 4runners they were right next to the back seats. Was just camping over the weekend and yes they come in handy for storing small things, was surprised to see them gone on the 2013's as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #59
CLanholm is on a distinguished road

Name: Chuck
CLanholm's Tacoma Gallery
Another change for the 2013s. They added that noisy pollution pump. Every time you turn off the truck it reminds you that it is there.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #60
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLanholm View Post
Another change for the 2013s. They added that noisy pollution pump. Every time you turn off the truck it reminds you that it is there.
I noticed that... what is that rig all about?