Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Unfortunate changes for the 2013 model

Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunate changes for the 2013 model

They got rid of the two open storage bins in the truck bed above the wheel wells! I don't understand why they would get rid of those. They were very nice to have when truck camping - they were like bedside tables.

Anyone notice other changes that I may have missed? (other than front end looks, awesome touch screen stereo)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
They got rid of the two open storage bins in the truck bed above the wheel wells! I don't understand why they would get rid of those. They were very nice to have when truck camping - they were like bedside tables.

Anyone notice other changes that I may have missed? (other than front end looks, awesome touch screen stereo)
meh, mine kept falling out when I offroad.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, those bins are handy! That stinks that they got rid of them.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
I'll never get over the loss of those bins...
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
I'll never get over the loss of those bins...
HAHA - I can't tell if the three dots mean sarcasm, but I do miss those bins. It took me about 2 minutes with the new bluetooth touchscreen and backup camera and I was over the bins. Living in the rust-belt, I am sooooooo happy to have a clean truck with a black, freshly painted frame.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
HAHA - I can't tell if the three dots mean sarcasm, but I do miss those bins. It took me about 2 minutes with the new bluetooth touchscreen and backup camera and I was over the bins. Living in the rust-belt, I am sooooooo happy to have a clean truck with a black, freshly painted frame.
No sarcasm. I really miss those bins.

I camped this weekend with a truck tent on the bed, and then I REALLY missed them.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
also.. no more homelink on 2013.. was on my 2012.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
also.. no more homelink on 2013.. was on my 2012.
Actually I have homelink on my 13 trd sport...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Actually I have homelink on my 13 trd sport...

what??! did you add it or did it come with it?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
meh, mine kept falling out when I offroad.
Mine are just laying in the bed right now.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Mine are just laying in the bed right now.
How much do you want for them?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what is home link? I have a 13 with storage bins? have I entered the twilight zone?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Homelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
what??! did you add it or did it come with it?
They are part of the ultra-exclusive TRD Sport package.

My truck is Canadian too - i know sometimes the packages are different but that usually amounts to us getting less options.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
what is home link? I have a 13 with storage bins? have I entered the twilight zone?
Maybe it is an off road package thing...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
Homelink is the 3 buttons on the rearview that can open your garage doors
Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
batchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nice

Name: Jameel
batchelor22's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013, not sure what bins you are referring to. Anybody have a pic?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
Bad Spuller

Quote:
They are part of the ultra-exclusive TRD Sport package.

My truck is Canadian too - i know sometimes the packages are different but that usually amounts to us getting less options.
Quote:
Maybe it is an off road package thing...
my 12 offroad had it.. my 13 doens not.. same spec truck I was told homelink was discontinued for 13.. and lots of 13 owners are posting unhappiness without it.. someone even had a thread to add one in. so yea, maybe a canadian thing.. weird.

Quote:
Homelink is the 3 buttons on the rearview that can open your garage doors

yup
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
Technologically Advanced Redneck
TSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
TSmalls89's Tacoma Gallery
Umm... my 2013 SR5 4x4 has the storage bins in the bed......
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
meh, mine dislodge when I corner hard, especially long sweeping onramps which we have a few of.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmalls89 View Post
Umm... my 2013 SR5 4x4 has the storage bins in the bed......
he means the ones without doors/covers.

they are more of a "pocket" and are above the wheel wells, not low down and towards the tailgate........

if that makes sense

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eel-wells.html