Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A little frusterated

Old 02-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
A little frusterated

So ive had my prerunner for almost 2 years now. In the last few months, it seems like the thing is just falling apart on me. No major issues but the interior rattles like crazy from about 10 different places, the vent fan has started to make a cricket noise every time its on, the wind noise is horrible when driving, the rear suspension seems to be sagging and the ride is horrible now compared to when i bought it (very harsh), acceleration seems sluggish (cant exactly put my finger on what has changed, it just feels different), there are several other things i cant remember at this time.

I love this truck and i know that there are TSB's out for most of these problems, but its just so depressing to still have three years of payments on this thing and not enjoy it anymore. Im just pretty bummed out to see what new problem will show up next. It was so awesome when it was new.... Sorry had to vent.

Ted
Old 02-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
trade that pig in on a 4x4...Now is a good time to get them
Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
even more depressing that the TSBs that could help are probable out of warranty
Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that man. I feel your pain. The molding around my front windshield is coming off, my vent squeaks like a mother when the air is on, my speaker rattles when the music is up, BUT I as well still love the truck! I am not in a position to take it in though. It sounds like you are. Im at 71K miles on an 06 and have 3 years left in payments. At least I had the rear TSB suspension thing fixed at no cost to me. My suggestion to you is to get those minor things fixed while you can and enjoy the truck you have.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
even more depressing that the TSBs that could help are probable out of warranty
Naw, i only have 15K on her.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
You can probably find all the fixes you need right here w/out spending allot of money.............Good luck & enjoy that truck. If it helps, you are not alone in your fustrations.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Well that's a shame you aren't enjoying it. You have the same model year as myself and I have not one problem at just under 20K miles. I drive over a pothole and washboard filled 1/4 mile road every day twice a day and still have no rattles which impresses me quite a bit.

Wind noise, yeah, I have some but nothing major.

Sagging rear suspension, get the TSB done.

Sluggish acceleration could be damn near anything. Check the plugs, maybe one is fouled. Change the air filter. Has it thrown a code? Maybe there's a faulty oxygen sensor.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #8

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
thanx guys. glad to hear im not alone, but it still sucks

no, no codes. im going to clean the air filter. ill see if that has anything to do with it.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear you arent too happy right now man.

get the tsb's done if you can, and for acceleration....try seafoaming it and running some 93 octane thru................should help with acceleration. for the heater fan................try unbolting it and removing it...............you may be able to clean it out/remove leaves, and if so, that may balance it out and make it quiet again. just some thoughts.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought my taco 1 month ago and it came with wind noise... scuffed paint... BUT!
I love this truck...
And I intend on having it a very long time...
normaly i put about 2-3 years worth of driving on a vehicle...
but after having a car...
NEVER AGAIN!
Ima ride this truck till the wheels fall off... then...
Ima put some new wheels on!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sorry to hear you arent too happy right now man.

get the tsb's done if you can, and for acceleration....try seafoaming it and running some 93 octane thru................should help with acceleration. for the heater fan................try unbolting it and removing it...............you may be able to clean it out/remove leaves, and if so, that may balance it out and make it quiet again. just some thoughts.

What the heck is "seafoaming"? this is the second time I've seen this today.... thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
What the heck is "seafoaming"? this is the second time I've seen this today.... thanks
its where you run seafoam( a type of cleaner) thru the brake booster line, and it cleans the whole combustion chamber........................works really well for a number of things.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck too and will keep it til the wheels fall off or a diesel version comes ou :-). That being said, it is becoming evident that now while Toyota worked on becoming #1 in the auto industry, it let quality slip. If these posts were about one of the former big three, many of us here would be saying "dump it!"
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
its where you run seafoam( a type of cleaner) thru the brake booster line, and it cleans the whole combustion chamber........................works really well for a number of things.
Thanks. I learned something new today
Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
I too have the sames srattles you are talking about, have for about 10,000 miles now. The cricket noise is also another annoyng feature my truck came with. All and all, I love my truck though.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Naw, i only have 15K on her.
Great. Take advantage of it because the problems will prob get worse down the road. While you can take advantage of the service they will provide free of charge I would jump on it! You'll be thanking yourself down the road
Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #17

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its just one of those things. Im going to get some 5100's, BFG A/T's and have the suspension TSB done. Ill have them try to take care of the rest of the problems. Then detail the SH*T out of it. Then it should be back to match made in heaven.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just so people know, the "cricket noise" from the blower has a TSB out on it, and is covered under warranty.