Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma with gull-wing doors would ya?

View Poll Results: Would you rock these doors if you wallet would allow you to?
Yay, say I. 52 15.07%
Nay, say I. 216 62.61%
Derp, say who? 77 22.32%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #61
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
you guys make fun of this, but yet you put Plasti Dip on your trucks doesn't make sense.
Im with you. I voted no but then started thinking about it. i didnt buy the truck for looks, although I like them. I am one of the few (probably) who would like the practicality of a van style sliding door. they are so functional that its rediculous. if these gullwing doors were designed right they could open almost completely vertically and make loading/entry in tight spaces easier as well as providing shade and shelter in rain/snow as long as there were gutters similar to suv/van liftgates. at the same they dont HAVE to go much above the roofline. these could be done to be practical and cool.

I think half of the people bashing the idea would buy it if it were a feature offered from the factory.. and the other half would realize the cool factor and later pretend later that they were an early adopting pioneer.. lol
Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I would never pay money or otherwise opt for them if it was optional. In fact I'd pay to not have them if they were standard.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #63
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I would never pay money or otherwise opt for them if it was optional. In fact I'd pay to not have them if they were standard.
times change.. i remember people saying they would NEVER buy a vehicle with ABS because only a woman didnt know when and how to brake properly. im certain every advancement such as keyless entry (you gotta be kidding.. how lazy you think I am?!?) GPS, (i have a map and know this area.. what a worthless feature.. ) power windows.. (i can roll up my own damned windows... how lazy do you think I am?!? I would never pay for that... ) etc etc etc have all had similar comments.. before being adopted widespread.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #64
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Hell no
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #66
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Group buy maybe?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #67
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
They would draw attention and make you look like a massive tool.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #68
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
times change.. i remember people saying they would NEVER buy a vehicle with ABS because only a woman didnt know when and how to brake properly. im certain every advancement such as keyless entry (you gotta be kidding.. how lazy you think I am?!?) GPS, (i have a map and know this area.. what a worthless feature.. ) power windows.. (i can roll up my own damned windows... how lazy do you think I am?!? I would never pay for that... ) etc etc etc have all had similar comments.. before being adopted widespread.
Those also are convenience options. I'm all for new tech and safety features. What convenience or benefit do gull wing doors provide? the fact they have been around for over 60 years in automotive use and have not been widely used leads me to believe most aren't pushing to have them widely used on vehicles.

It's apples and oranges comparing GPS and ABS to gull wing doors.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #70
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
Those also are convenience options. I'm all for new tech and safety features. What convenience or benefit do gull wing doors provide? the fact they have been around for over 60 years in automotive use and have not been widely used leads me to believe most aren't pushing to have them widely used on vehicles.

It's apples and oranges comparing GPS and ABS to gull wing doors.
I named two that I could see, better entry/exit/loading in tight spaces , and if designed right as in, instead of two doors, just a single panel with gutters like a liftgate would provide shade/shelter when open. I see it like a power sliding door, a convenience.

I'm not saying I'm going to run out and find a way to make it happen, but it's not unappealing.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #71
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I hear these doors adds 200hp to the wheel.

This tread is a trick, OP is trying to find out how many ricers are trolling the forum.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #72
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
I named two that I could see, better entry/exit/loading in tight spaces , and if designed right as in, instead of two doors, just a single panel with gutters like a liftgate would provide shade/shelter when open. I see it like a power sliding door, a convenience.

I'm not saying I'm going to run out and find a way to make it happen, but it's not unappealing.
Tight spaces could limit them opening altogether. Ever had a time you could barely open your door and had to squeeze in? Imagine doing that with a gull wing door and needing to squeeze in from the bottom.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Completely unappealing to me.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #73
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
Tight spaces could limit them opening altogether. Ever had a time you could barely open your door and had to squeeze in? Imagine doing that with a gull wing door and needing to squeeze in from the bottom.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Completely unappealing to me.
Fair enough! And it's not like there aren't times now where we have to choose where we park because we can't always fling open our doors without hitting something.

Here we go, fun with MS-Paint. Look Ma, no B-pillar!
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma with gull-wing doors would ya?-gullwing.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #74
Rabid Conservative

always like the gull-wings..

THESE on the other hand are lame imo:
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #75
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
What if you roll and land upside down? Then what.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #76
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post

Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #77
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
That's what the sliding rear window is for.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #78
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
I hear these doors adds 200hp to the wheel.

This tread is a trick, OP is trying to find out how many ricers are trolling the forum.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #79
Tacoma level 27
Slesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Slesse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Class View Post
My friend made me a funny photoshop back to the future pic of my taco and added me in there as Marty McFly...but those doors don't look that bad.... Would you install gull-wing doors on your taco if it was a viable option?

This is the greatest this I have ever seen!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #80
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
no to the doors, but yes to the hover conversion and mr fusion!