Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overall look of tacoma (DB cab SB, DB cab LB, Access cab, Regular.

View Poll Results: Overall look of cab configurations
Regular cab 85 8.00%
Access cab 289 27.21%
DB cab SB 462 43.50%
DB cab LB 226 21.28%
Voters: 1062. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #221
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy88 View Post
Going purely on LOOKS, the regular cab Pre-runner/4x4 is clearly the most attractive. Virtually any vehicle that comes in a 2-door and 4-door version looks better with 2 doors. Would you take a 1970 Chevelle sedan over a coupe?

DCLB???? Really? That isn't a truck, it's a train. Obviously people are biased based on what they put their money into, nobody wants to admit that what they bought is in any way inferior.

Like you... And cars and trucks are completely different when it comes to doors. Cute truck...
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #222
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
DCLB???? Really? That isn't a truck, it's a train.
Ever driven a full size pickup with a long bed? I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never, ever understand this point^.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #223
Crazy88 is on a distinguished road
Crazy88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Ever driven a full size pickup with a long bed? I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never, ever understand this point^.

I've been a mechanic for seven years, always worked at an independant shop. I've driven virtually everything that you see on the streets. I've never been comfortable in long vehicles, just me I guess.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #224
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Like you... And cars and trucks are completely different when it comes to doors. Cute truck...
Lol you really can't handle people not liking DCs... They're not that great...
Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #225
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
Lol you really can't handle people not liking DCs... They're not that great...
Are you out of your mind ?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #226
Crazy88 is on a distinguished road
Crazy88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nah. But I'm OK with your choice. Due to the fact that the Tacoma is a vehicle generally purchased for it's everyday usefullness rather than aesthetic appeal, my truck is (relatively) uncommon. I can't drive more than a half-mile without seeing at least a couple double cab or access cab 2nd gen Tacos, but I don't see too many twins of mine. The regular cab (especially in PR and 4x4 form) fully encapsulates the modern/rugged style that makes Toyota trucks so popular without any extra clutter. It simply looks cleaner. And, shorter looks tougher, it just does.

I can certainly understand the appeal of extra doors, back seats, and longer beds. Nobody loads their truck up with people and shit and says, "I wish I had less space for all this". But, this thread is purely about appearance. If you want to argue practicality, I lose (unless we're talking gas mileage).

Ever been to a classic car/truck show? What do you notice about the trucks? Lots of regular cab/short beds, far fewer 4 doors and long beds. You'll see far more fully restored old Broncos and Jeeps than Suburbans...Why? Because they simply look cooler. When someone tries to bring a big ol' 4 door back to its glory days it is generally due to some personal nostalgia for that particular vehicle.

Time will tell: In 40 years, a truck like mine will be viewed as a classic, and the countless SUVswithabed will have been crushed, rotting in boneyards, or.....well, likely still on the road if they're Toyotas, but you get my point.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #227
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are you out of your mind ?
I can try to convince you that blue is the best colour all day but if you like green you like green.

Obviously all Tacos are nice but most people like their style better.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #228
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
I can try to convince you that blue is the best colour all day but if you like green you like green.

Obviously all Tacos are nice but most people like their style better.
I agree , DCLB is the best
Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I agree , DCLB is the best
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #231
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Nah. But I'm OK with your choice. Due to the fact that the Tacoma is a vehicle generally purchased for it's everyday usefullness rather than aesthetic appeal, my truck is (relatively) uncommon. I can't drive more than a half-mile without seeing at least a couple double cab or access cab 2nd gen Tacos, but I don't see too many twins of mine. The regular cab (especially in PR and 4x4 form) fully encapsulates the modern/rugged style that makes Toyota trucks so popular without any extra clutter. It simply looks cleaner. And, shorter looks tougher, it just does.

I can certainly understand the appeal of extra doors, back seats, and longer beds. Nobody loads their truck up with people and shit and says, "I wish I had less space for all this". But, this thread is purely about appearance. If you want to argue practicality, I lose (unless we're talking gas mileage).

Ever been to a classic car/truck show? What do you notice about the trucks? Lots of regular cab/short beds, far fewer 4 doors and long beds. You'll see far more fully restored old Broncos and Jeeps than Suburbans...Why? Because they simply look cooler. When someone tries to bring a big ol' 4 door back to its glory days it is generally due to some personal nostalgia for that particular vehicle.

Time will tell: In 40 years, a truck like mine will be viewed as a classic, and the countless SUVswithabed will have been crushed, rotting in boneyards, or.....well, likely still on the road if they're Toyotas, but you get my point.
I saw that this was in response to my post... I didn't read it because it was so long but I'm assuming your agreeing with me that LB's are the best.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #232
Toys4Us is on a distinguished road
Toys4Us's Tacoma Gallery
My sister in law owned a DCSB. Beautiful truck. I borrowed it a few times to haul random stuff. I would have liked a bit longer bed. So, when I recently purchased a Tacoma I went with the DCLB. The DCSB is an excellent rig. But for me, the choice is DCLB. I was very surprised that the DCLB is longer than my wife's 01 Sequoia with a wraparound grill bumper guard, our previous 96 Land Cruiser and my previous 01 Tundra Extended Cab. The DCLB fits in our garage, but I'd have to do a little rearranging if it were much longer.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #233
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
I use to really like the look DCSB but after having my DCLB, the SB just look so stubby to me now.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #234
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
I use to really like the look DCSB but after having my DCLB, the SB just look so stubby to me now.
That thing is badass!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #235
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
Quote:
That thing is badass!

Nah, it's the setting/background that makes the picture badass!

Still a sweet truck though...
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #236
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
I voted DCSB. because thats my nest truck
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #237
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
DCSB ftw
Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #238
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
DCLB ftw
fixed it for ya
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #239
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's cool all of you on here like the looks of the short bed double cab truck. I agreee also.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #240
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
I think it's cool all of you on here like the looks of the long bed double cab truck. I agreee also.
FTFY