Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New onwer questions ?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Kcourtad is on a distinguished road
Kcourtad's Tacoma Gallery
New onwer questions ?

So I've had my Tacoma for 2 weeks. And I love it! But I've notice when parking next to other pickups and even other Tacoma's that mine sits higher and more level. It does have a cap on the back but I don't think it's that heavy to make it sit level. And it doesn't have a owners manual so these forums have been helpful. I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Hilux. Is my truck already lifted or leveled and if so how can I tell ?
Attached Thumbnails
New onwer questions ?-image.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
get us shots of the leaf pack, and the front coil over assembly with the top hat in the pic

what size tires?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hilux??? Did you buy it in Colombia? Wait, you said Tacoma Hilux... a hybrid?

They are different trucks that look similar, but the Tacoma is only sold in North America (Mexico, US, Canada, at least) and the Hilux is sold in the rest of the world. More photos please!

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That's a Tacoma with a Hilux door badge
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
What's top hat pic ? 265/65R17. My iPhone is only letting me upload one pic at a time.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Oh so I have been fooled not a Hilux ?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcourtad View Post
TRD Sport Tacoma
Old 05-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Lol well I feel dumb but least I know now. Anyway to tell if it has been lift or do the coils look stock ? I haven't fully looked the truck over but I will this weekend to check everything.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
Yea that's what it looked like. Got it off a used lot they only had it 2 days and I went down and picked it up.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, not a Hilux, and you have no lift either. Looks like an undercoating has been applied. Also you gotta get rid of the hood skewp. Puts too much drag on the truck, and it blocks your vision. Can't have that. I'd be willing to trade you my non skewped hood for your hood as a welcome to the forum. No charge of course. Any how, welcome to the TW fellow Pennsylvanian'. But seriously, lets trade hoods.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
Thanks for the welcome. And as for hood sorry no go. Plain on cutting out the plastic part and venting it to the air intake. Beside I love my hood make it look aggressive.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. And as for hood sorry no go. Plain on cutting out the plastic part and venting it to the air intake. Beside I love my hood make it look aggressive.
Worth a shot I guess, plus, it like, gives you at least 50 more HP. Good luck with the intake mod, I'd be curious to see that, and possibly see results as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That doesn't work like you think it would.

See:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...op-anyone.html
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Its actually is a negative pressure area of the hood, so not much air is either blocked or enters. All for looks...
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
All for looks...
It gets an A+ in this category too
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #19

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Looks doesn't get your truck into the tough places... TRACTION does!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Looks doesn't get your truck into the tough places... TRACTION does!
No problems yet