Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is this button?!?!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
2469 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Kevin
2469's Tacoma Gallery
Come to think of it when I bought the truck from the dealer they said the previous owner had purchased an upgraded security system when originally bought at the same dealership. So I am guessing to test that I would just try to "break" into the truck with the button lit up and then again with it off?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
They don't "blow" at a certain angle. It just disables the side curtain airbags when you want them to be off.(i.e. wheeling or just don't want them on)
Makes sense. Video made it sound like they might blow at a tilt or something. I never really looked into it. Just wrote it off as a new bs bell and whistle button I'd never need. There are a couple if those in the newer trucks.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They don't "blow" at a certain angle. It just disables the side curtain airbags when you want them to be off.(i.e. wheeling or just don't want them on)

They will deploy if the truck thinks it's rolling over
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #24
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Makes sense. Video made it sound like they might blow at a tilt or something. I never really looked into it. Just wrote it off as a new bs bell and whistle button I'd never need. There are a couple if those in the newer trucks.
Just reread and didn't mean to come across as a DB. It kinda reads like I did. Apologies.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Just reread and didn't mean to come across as a DB. It kinda reads like I did. Apologies.
Haha, no worries brother
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
^This. Read the manual, haha.

They will also blow if you're in a side impact.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #27
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Perhaps they have some sort of sensor for inertia? I've been tilted where I had to tie off to a tree to pull down to avoid rolling. Have been on an incline where oil and trans temp lights went off and shut down motor but no airbags. Guessing slow speeds it does go off? Maybe 4lo shuts it off automatically?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Perhaps they have some sort of sensor for inertia? I've been tilted where I had to tie off to a tree to pull down to avoid rolling. Have been on an incline where oil and trans temp lights went off and shut down motor but no airbags. Guessing slow speeds it does go off? Maybe 4lo shuts it off automatically?
Yaw sensor
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #29
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

From my understanding, it is a inertia triggered system. Same as frontal impact triggered airbags, no matter the degree of inclination.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #30
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The American trucks are much smarter than the Canadian ones. Whereas yours might be thinking its rolling over, ours is thinking "I know I can get traction if I roll this way..."
Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone read their manual ?

Like ever ?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #32
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

That book like thing that takes up too much room in the glovebox?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #33
Vaginas are rad.

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Like ever ?
Reading, reading reading beer. Beer. Beer, Reading, ber, redng bear, redg. Beer, beer, Wut?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #34
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

^^precisely
Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #35
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Like ever ?
Theres a manual?!?

j/k.. i read every vehicle manual that i buy, with the exception of the entune system manual. damned thing is as big as the manual for the rest of the truck.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #36
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
Nope...figured out how to turn on my locker by elimination. Hit button, turned on 4 hi and hit button, turned on 4 lo hit button again. Presto!! 2 things they added to the 09 that 08s dont have. Air bag button and Traction control.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #37
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2469 View Post
Omega 13 Initiator - If you open the lower cover, you'll see this:

You'd better secure the cover before some of it leaks out.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #38
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta be an alarm. But the button pushes in like a regular button? Maybe turns it on and off. Although any burglar could easily disable after breaking in but they usually bounce before trying to turn off an alarm
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #39
Toyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacerttech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Toyotacerttech's Tacoma Gallery
It's the valet button/ alarm indicator warning light from a gulf states Toyota alarm. Either port installed or dealer installed.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonicus View Post
Nope...figured out how to turn on my locker by elimination. Hit button, turned on 4 hi and hit button, turned on 4 lo hit button again. Presto!! 2 things they added to the 09 that 08s dont have. Air bag button and Traction control.
I would have started with the button that says RR Diff Lock