Notices

What is this button?!?!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
2469 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Kevin
2469's Tacoma Gallery
What is this button?!?!

New guy here. Just picked up a 2009 Access Cab SR5 PreRunner. Love the truck but have had some issues figuring some things out with it. This site has been amazing and has helped with a ton of questions I have had. I still have one I need help with, can anyone tell me what this middle button is.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
What happens when you push it?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! If your tacoma didnt come with the Tactical Nuke option, it may be an LED for an aftermarket alarm that was installed.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
It's aftermarket something
Old 05-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
2469's Tacoma Gallery
lol well I have pushed it a million times so I guess I am all out of nukes. The only thing that happens when I push it is that the light turns on and off.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
savedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerald
savedone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2469 View Post
New guy here. Just picked up a 2009 Access Cab SR5 PreRunner. Love the truck but have had some issues figuring some things out with it. This site has been amazing and has helped with a ton of questions I have had. I still have one I need help with, can anyone tell me what this middle button is.
It is a button for Roll-Sensing-Curtain-Airbags, but there still should be a light that comes on to let me know if I shut them off or not.
you have to push and hold the RSCA button to make it turn them off... when you do this a RSCA light will pop up on the dash on the spedo section in the lower right corner... its for people who go off roading, so that if they are on rocks or a hill or whatever to where the truck is tipping to the side safely, the bags dont blow off...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwimny5vk9s
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Yup my guess is the same as there's after market alarm system
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedone View Post
It is a button for Roll-Sensing-Curtain-Airbags, but there still should be a light that comes on to let me know if I shut them off or not.
Que?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That button turns the red light in the switch blanks on and off
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
2469's Tacoma Gallery
I was worried it was aftermarket. Guess that means I am gonna have to actually get down there and trace the wires. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you have to push and hold the RSCA button to make it turn them off... when you do this a RSCA light will pop up on the dash on the spedo section in the lower right corner... its for people who go off roading, so that if they are on rocks or a hill or whatever to where the truck is tipping to the side safely, the bags dont blow off...
That's the one on the right
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
2469's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwimny5vk9s
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what the RSCA was either but I was actually talking about the one next to it that is lit up.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
"Autobots Roll Out"
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
savedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shedsavedone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerald
savedone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2469 View Post
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what the RSCA was either but I was actually talking about the one next to it that is lit up.
Sorry I did not read the it correctly. Hope you figure out what that button is for.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I just learned something too. I thought the RSCA was "rear side curtain airbags". Figured I'd never need it so pushed it into the dash along with the downhill assist button to make room for arb compressor and front locker buttons.
Anyone know how far you gotta tilt before bags blow? I've been pretty far and nothing
Sorry for thread jack.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
2469's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Wow. I just learned something too. I thought the RSCA was "rear side curtain airbags". Figured I'd never need it so pushed it into the dash along with the downhill assist button to make room for arb compressor and front locker buttons.
Anyone know how far you gotta tilt before bags blow? I've been pretty far and nothing
Sorry for thread jack.
No worries, good info is good info and I would like to know as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
Vaginas are rad.

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Sorry for thread jack.
They don't "blow" at a certain angle. It just disables the side curtain airbags when you want them to be off.(i.e. wheeling or just don't want them on)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery

Obligatory ejection seat comment.