Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

should i buy this truck?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
should i buy this truck?

http://www.hondacarsofcolumbia.com/i...8014-20131029a

Carfax shows its been in two accidents, but no structural damage. If I can use this to my advantage and talk them down to 14.5k, would it be worth it?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
What do you consider structural damage?

Quote:
Accident reported
Involving right front impact
With another motor vehicle
Vehicle ran off road
It hit a ditch
It hit a tree
Functional damage reported
Vehicle towed
Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
SouthernTacoma
TSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
TSmalls89's Tacoma Gallery
2 Accidents.... 97k Miles..... $16k...... I say no
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Afghanistan so I'm going to ask my brother to go check it out. As for the 2wheel drive, the prerunner is in more of my price range and I will never need 4x4. I live in South GA so no snow. So if the truck drives straight, and I can get them down to under 15k, would you still walk away? Tacomas are expensive where I live. The deals I've read about for 4x4 2nd gens for 17k don't exist down here.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I own that very truck! I love mine

...just sayin
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #8
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
^ SWB is my favorite. Yours looks awesome.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #9
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I just can't see paying that much for those many miles,,two accidents hmm.....
Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #10
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
ANT2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
NO! You can find one that hasn't been in an accident for that price. It's not what you are able to see its what you can't see! If it was available for me to look at I would do it for you and give an honest opinion.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #11
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
hit a ditch, hit a tree.... I wouldn't buy it.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #12
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I would pass on that truck and try and find one that was not in an accident.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #13
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.woodyfolsomchevroletolds....-GA/1998764653

This one has a clean Carfax, just waiting on them to get back to me about a price.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
Pass.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #15
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
I'm in Afghanistan so I'm going to ask my brother to go check it out. As for the 2wheel drive, the prerunner is in more of my price range and I will never need 4x4. I live in South GA so no snow. So if the truck drives straight, and I can get them down to under 15k, would you still walk away? Tacomas are expensive where I live. The deals I've read about for 4x4 2nd gens for 17k don't exist down here.
I think you should wait till you get back home and find one. Looking at pictures and seeing something in person are two totally different things.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would stick to the color you really want.. And be patient. You'll find the right one eventually. I personally would get one that has been in 2 accidents or ready.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are a couple in the BST section.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
id be careful of one with that history, but its not like you can find an swb anywhere thesedays.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
http://www.woodyfolsomchevroletolds....-GA/1998764653

This one has a clean Carfax, just waiting on them to get back to me about a price.
Soooo, someone traded in a Taco for a Chevy or Oldsmobile? WTF?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
I would pass, wait till you get back to check out other deals. I got my 2006 with the same miles, same TRD OR package, same DCSB, but with 4x4 in 2011 for $16,500, and it was/is in excellent condition. It took some searching, but there are good deals out there. I also got a tonneau cover with it.

Also, my carfax was clean, and I haven't found any accident damage, and I have been under almost every inch of the truck.