1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aux fuse box wiring. did you add a relay?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dubs Chops, May 22, 2013.

1. May 22, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Inola
    You guys that have installed these. Did you all wire the box in to where it only received power from the ignition? If so do you all have any good diagrams or how to's? I have found some nice clean installs on here but no wiring directions.

2. May 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Am I correct in assuming you're trying to wire an auxiliary fuse panel that's only 'hot' when the ignition is on? If so, a relay would work but you're limited to the capacity of the relay (which is most cases is either 30 or 40 amps). In my opinion, you're better off wiring the fuse block hot all the time with a circuit breaker in line and use relays on the individual accessories.

3. May 22, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Mines hot all the time. Like Pugga said, your better off wiring the individual items to be hot when the key is on with a relay.

4. May 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Inola
    Gotcha, Did you all wire relays into everything you added so not to accidentally run your battery down?

5. May 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    My trailer wiring was originally run straight to my battery so it's on the aux box always hot. The rest is on relays, CB, Bumpa lights, etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top