Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why I LOVE TW! ... A FSM is HOW much on ebay?!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
Why I LOVE TW! ... A FSM is HOW much on ebay?!

This started simply enough - a trip to Amazon to buy a Haynes or Chiltons manual for my 2011 Tacoma. Surprise, surprise...they haven't printed any...LOL

Sure, the 2009 might be mostly the same, but when I'm upside down under my dash, "close" will just piss me off and remind me what a waste of time & money the book was...

Next up, a search here.

...whereupon I discovered I can subscribe to a DIY service access with Toyota online - now we're cooking with gas, I'm thinking! Sure, sir, right this way...you have your $400 a year fee, right?

Sorry, my wife is calling me...be right back... *runs*

Clymers (nope), Bentley (nope), Chiltons (nope), Haynes (nope)...nothing it seems for the 2011 model (in most cases, nothing even for this generation of truck!).

Over to eBay to do this the right way - buy a factory service manual.

Holy shit! Full stop! No f*cking way!

2011 FSM (brand new, mind you) - $880.
2010 FSM - $990.

Now, I really like having a manual at hand while working on my vehicles. Always nice to double check things before the screw driver hits the metal bits. The cost of those FSMs, htough, is simply extortionist!

But, we're living in the wired age, so maybe I have to change; get with the times, as it were...

While my wifi doesn't extend out to my driveway, and I have little interest in printing random pages to have on hand from websites, I will forever be grateful to Tacoma World and it's members for taking their time to create excellent content that answers so many questions.

Staring at my dash, wondering how the heck I get access to the back of the head unit, it just ain't obvious. 30 seconds on this site and I know where to start!

Same if I want to upgrade speakers. First step, remove the door panels - again, how do I do this without potentially breaking a clip, which I then need to chase down a replacement for, etc, etc.? TW to the rescue again!

So as a member I want to personally thank everyone for contributing to such a great forum! To the mods, being a mod elsewhere myself, you have my never ending respect for the work you do. To the owners, thanks for taking the risk way back and starting the site. As someone who's job it is to help businesses be more successful online, I know all the work and effort it takes to grow a community. Well done!!!

Now, I must tinker... (That's TINKER...not tinkle... )
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
+1
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
Then you missed the discount code I uncovered for the FSM! LOL

Kidding...I kow you just had to use the gif somewhere...
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
Dafuq? lol

To OP, I second the notion. TW makes owning a taco even more awesome than it already is, and the mod ideas and support here are great.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Then you missed the discount code I uncovered for the FSM! LOL

Kidding...I kow you just had to use the gif somewhere...
Yea since I figured out how I wanted to use it
Old 05-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Sure, sir, right this way...you have your $400 a year fee, right?

Sorry, my wife is calling me...be right back... *runs*

Over to eBay to do this the right way - buy a factory service manual.

Holy shit! Full stop! No f*cking way!
Awesome!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
It starts that way. God help you.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
scuba fanatic
kn61408 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E7 retired
kn61408's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with OP. This site has given me soooo much info on my truck that is not available anywhere else. It has also cost me $$$$$$. All those mods! Haha. Some of the mods are so easy and handy, i.e. power point in the bed, add'l tie downs, bed and underhood lighting, and a myriad of others. Thanks, TW!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I can't find it at the moment, but I know there's a thread that has the link to download the whole fsm.