Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Proper Floor Liner Installation

Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
burg is on a distinguished road
burg's Tacoma Gallery

I was unaware that one could install their floor liners incorrectly. Lucky for me, a neighbor of mine was nice enough to point out that he thought I might have made a mistake installing mine in my brand new 2013 TRD Sport Tacoma. He said he didn't need a ruller to know that mine were “too low”. Apparently, you shouldn't have any sticking out of the vehicle like mine were.

Too Low

Rather than go through the headache of removing and reinstalling my existing floor liners, I decided to upgrade to WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit puchased from www.autoanything.com

After making my purchase and having them shipped to my house, it was time for installation. Allthough I spent hours pouring over tacomaworld, I couldn't find anyone that had a good write up on how to properly install them in the truck. This really surprised me since this site has everything! “I will write it up and post it, what a good way for me to contribute.” I thought. In an effort to simplify the complex installation proceedures, I decided I would use photos to show the incorrect ways as well as the correct way to install these liners and post it here.

Incorrect / Correct way:

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to ask me!

Burg
Old 05-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Cody needs to talk to you...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post6924740

Matt
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
burg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

HA! I guess that's better than if it were over the brake pedal eh?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHAHAHA!!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks op you saved me hours of frustration trying to fit my techs! On a side note, I was never any good at Tetris.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
bps is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bps's Tacoma Gallery
My WeatherTechs are arriving in a few days. I'm glad I found this thread!

Bryan
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget, if you have a manual, you'll have to trim it a bit for the clutch pedal! It would be incorrect installation not to! It's about time someone did a write up on how to install these difficult add-ons
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Sparky73's Tacoma Gallery
Now I've seen everything...a how to for floor mat installation? A complex installation procedure, eh? Slide them in and twist the locking knobs is complicated?

I guess I should write one on how to fill your truck with gas and check tire pressure? Just need to wait until morning cause my phone doesn't take good pics at night.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Wow Really? If you have to follow the guidelines of this thread to install floor mats, do not open your hood!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #11
edm3rd will become famous soon enoughedm3rd will become famous soon enough
Name: Duke
edm3rd's Tacoma Gallery
Open the hood ? I thought only the dealer was allowed to do that.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
burg's Tacoma Gallery
I really can't believe some users are taking this seriously. Ha! Though proper fulling procedures sounds like a fun one to do.