LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OBX Sports Pedals

Old 02-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
how r those installed?
I bought some clean lookin cheapo ones from walmart that said i had to use doublesided sticky tape and then use little tabs to bolt down around the pedal but it was impossible to get around the pedals to the back to do what i had to do
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
how r those installed?
I bought some clean lookin cheapo ones from walmart that said i had to use doublesided sticky tape and then use little tabs to bolt down around the pedal but it was impossible to get around the pedals to the back to do what i had to do

On the brake, you remove the factory slip on cover, and slip the new one in its place.

On the gas, yo slip it over.

I used dish soap/water mixture, and it took me about 20 minutes to get them on. Its a pain, but they arent coming off!!!

I saw these in a brochure at the dealer last weekend while getting my 30k maintenence done. Apprently, these are now a "dealer add-on".
Old 02-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It just slips over? Weird. Are they actually aluminum? Or plastic-ish? Do you find they stick to your shoe a lot making it weird to drive?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
Installed these this morning, picked them up pon Ebay for $43 shipped...

I like em... and they make the truck go faster too!!!

Much nicer than the Toyota accessory sport pedals I have.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
It just slips over? Weird. Are they actually aluminum? Or plastic-ish? Do you find they stick to your shoe a lot making it weird to drive?
When I mean slip over, I mean getting that heavy rubber lip around the pedal base is NOT fun!!! They seem to be pretty well constructed IMO. The metal part is actually brushed aluminum.

I just put them on this morning, havent really done alot of driving with them yet, but Im sure their fine.