1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seats are hurting... hurting my butt.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MrKyfosh, May 23, 2013.

1. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    NUMB LOCK

NUMB LOCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob I.
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2013 TRD Sport DCSB
    SCS Stealth 6 Matte Black Wheels, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 285/70/17, Bilstien 5100s 3" Lift, PreRunner TireGate, NFab Nerf Steps, Skid Plate, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
    I have a 2013 TRD DCSB and I hate my seats. I'm 5'4" and after about 1 hr of sitting in traffic my back starts to hurt regardless of the lumbar position. Its soo bad that I've been searching the internet for solutions and considering swapping the front seats.

As for your tail bone, did you consider getting some foam added by an upholstery shop?

2. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SR5 SB/2012 DC 4x4 SR5 LB(sold)
    I'm looking at a way to unbolt the front of the seat and lift it some install or build a nes mount. The front of the seat just need to be 1" taller or so.
    If I can not get that done then will look at adding a foam wedge to the front to raise it some them add a cover to it.

3. Jun 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    DC-USAF

DC-USAF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 V6
    TRD PRO Grill, mobtown offroad recovery bar, SCS Ray 10's
    I have done my own side by side comparison. I have a 2012 DCSB TRD off road V6 and my father has 2012 DCSB SR5 4cyl. I think my seats (TRD) are too soft and need a better quality of foam in them. When I drive his truck I don't feel like my butt is sitting on the frame of the seat. When ever he is in the market for a new truck I am going to swap out his seats for mine.

4. Jun 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Go test drive some TRD's and see if the seats are better.

If you like them better then just buy a seat to fit in your truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top