Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should i take the OEM Roof Rack

View Poll Results: Do I take the roof rack or not?
Yes, put it on 86 67.72%
No, save the money 41 32.28%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
haha, crazy do
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Lol I'd love to have a roof rack but would have to have a basket or a lightbar rigged to it

With no crossbars it reminds me of a reverse mohawk:

Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Lol I'd love to have a roof rack but would have to have a basket or a lightbar rigged to it

With no crossbars it reminds me of a reverse mohawk:

Haha... That makes me want to take mine off now lol. You suck!!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Haha... That makes me want to take mine off now lol. You suck!!
Lol nah it still looks cool!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I would. I like mine, with or with out the basket up there.

Most recent
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Get them, I love mine.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #27
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
The completes the rooflines IMHO

Old 05-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #28
mbritton28 is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
mbritton28's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it man. If I could find some at a decent price I would put them on mine.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #29
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Function is great, Looks even better! Get it, most likely you won't regret it.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #30
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I hardly use mine but it looks good.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #31
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have them and I would probably never use them. That said, after reading about how easy it is to install them, I kinda want them now...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #32
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenbro View Post
I don't have them and I would probably never use them. That said, after reading about how easy it is to install them, I kinda want them now...
They are very easy to install no doubt.

If you really need a rack, in all seriousness, I would recommend the OEM rack. I have had Yakima and Thule racks in the past and they are both awesome racks no doubt. They make quality equipment. The thing is, the OEM rack was made specifically for our trucks and you don't have to worry about messing up the paint with a aftermarket rack sitting on your roof. The last time I had my Yakima rack on my car I had it on there for almost 2 years. It worked flawlessly but when it came time to trade in the car there were 4 places where it had "worn" down the clear coat on the paint where the rack touched the car. It didn't wear through but it made kind of a "indention" where you could make out the outline of the pads on the rack. No big deal since I was trading in the car but over time they will wear on the paint.

Just something to think about. Not saying the aftermarket racks are bad by any means. My Yakima rack is still sitting in my attic. I just like the look of the OEM myself.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #35
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #36
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebs View Post
I have the opportunity to get an OEM roof rack for pretty cheap and it's hardly used. Should I get it? I would most likely use it, just not sure i 100% like the look.....I would like some opinions

I like the appearance on my truck. I've never once used it (yet), but it, along with my other accessories (winch, large bed toolbox, cb antenna on that toolbox, etc), adds a lot to the off-road appearance of my TRD OR.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #37
senn4586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
senn4586's Tacoma Gallery
I recently added mine and I think they are great. I say get them.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #38
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for it and get it! Especially if you can get it for a good price! I used to have a full Yakima setup but I have the OEM ones now and I love the look!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #40
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking to add these to my truck as well. I want a kayak or canoe and I like how well thes blends with the truck. Just have to find one cheap