Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should i take the OEM Roof Rack

View Poll Results: Do I take the roof rack or not?
Yes, put it on 86 67.72%
No, save the money 41 32.28%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #41
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Lol I'd love to have a roof rack but would have to have a basket or a lightbar rigged to it

With no crossbars it reminds me of a reverse mohawk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post

That's silly. One could focus on the similarities between men and women (two arms, two legs, etc), but I really do hope you guys can distinguish between the two - better than you've done here between a head and a truck.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #44
twebs is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
Got it!!!

Just put it on a few hours ago i love it!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #45
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebs View Post
Just put it on a few hours ago i love it!!
whats did u snag it for? $$$
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #46
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
They are sweet! On my list... Where did you get it?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post
The completes the rooflines IMHO

On the new truck still looks good
Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #48
5.56 is on a distinguished road
5.56's Tacoma Gallery
The Yakima/Thule racks hold quite a bit more weight than the factory rack, don't they? I'm needing a rack for a 2 person canoe.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #49
taco5661 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
taco5661's Tacoma Gallery
buy it I love mine
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #50
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
The Yakima/Thule racks hold quite a bit more weight than the factory rack, don't they? I'm needing a rack for a 2 person canoe.
Yes they do. The factory rack is rated for 100lbs.

That said... I carry two Dagger Axis 10.5 Kayaks with Malone fold down mounts on mine with no issues. No Bow or Stern strings... just secured to the rack.