Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should i take the OEM Roof Rack

View Poll Results: Do I take the roof rack or not?
Yes, put it on 86 67.72%
No, save the money 41 32.28%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
twebs is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
Should i take the OEM Roof Rack

I have the opportunity to get an OEM roof rack for pretty cheap and it's hardly used. Should I get it? I would most likely use it, just not sure i 100% like the look.....I would like some opinions
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
I personally love mine.

I don't know why I left it "closed" in these pictures. It is almost always open.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine for my kayak, lumber, and looks..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I can't decide if I think they are ugly or not yet
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Are you crazy? They're like white gold to some. Grab it up quick and resell it if y ou dont like it
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
I use mine for my kayak, lumber, and looks..
I use mine for 2 of those 3. Lumber hasn't been up there yet
Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I will concede they look much better open across the roof.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This is my problem! I can't decide, I like how it's unique tho!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebs View Post
This is my problem! I can't decide, I like how it's unique tho!
I think they are cool with a basket up there

I have racks on my cap so I don't really need them myself
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Are you crazy? They're like white gold to some. Grab it up quick and resell it if y ou dont like it
That's a great way to look at it! This might be a dumb question but Could I install lights on it or is that not even possible?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebs View Post
That's a great way to look at it! This might be a dumb question but Could I install lights on it or is that not even possible?
yea there is a guy who has 2 LED light bars.. one on rear bar for reverse and one for the front bar..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to look into that thanks for the opinions so far, I'd love to hear some more!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
No brainier. Buy it. I love mine. Makes it look meaner.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
No brainier. Buy it. I love mine. Makes it look meaner.
Makes it look like it has a comb over but I like the function
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bald, so, I say leave it bare.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #16

I guess just depends on how cheap.. I got mine for $150...
Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
twebs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
I guess just depends on how cheap.. I got mine for $150...
Not sure how cheap, we are takin it off a 2012 we got in on trade and my boss asked if I liked it.....I gotta decide soon tho, leaning towards getting it
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #18

even $200 is a good deal.. but I wouldn't pay much over that..if ur thinking of selling and making profit
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
They only look as cool as the truck they are on imo. If you will use it, then for sure grab it. If you won't much use it, I would take a pass unless you like having a bunch of stuff on your truck.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I'd love to have a roof rack but would have to have a basket or a lightbar rigged to it

With no crossbars it reminds me of a reverse mohawk: