LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

smoked badges

Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
smoked badges

OK i searched first so noone junp my ass for asking this if its already been covered. Thinking about removing my Tacoma badges on the front doors and wanting to paint them black. anyone done this?? I think Ive seen it on a few pics maybe. What has to be done, does the chrome have to be taken off somehow, what kind of paint do I need to use, and do you just use foam double sided tape to remount them??? Pics if anyone has them also
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html

Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
way i did mine........................after removing them.............wash them with dawn dish soap and a scotchbrite pad. dry them thoroughly. put on about 3 or 4 coats of adhesion promoter....let dry between coats about 3 minutes or so. then, i used duplicolor flat black paint......about 5 or 6 coats............and not heavy coats either, and let them dry about 10 minutes between coats. then i used some 3m emblem tape to reinstall them with.

mine have been like this for close to 8 months................and they still look great.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys, i didn;t search under debadging I guess I should have... My truck is silver and I am thinking about getting black wheels. and Since my mirrors and handle are black I think they will looks good. It doesn;t sound to hard.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD934 View Post
thanks guys, i didn;t search under debadging I guess I should have... My truck is silver and I am thinking about getting black wheels. and Since my mirrors and handle are black I think they will looks good. It doesn;t sound to hard.
it will look good, and its not hard to do at all man.