Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger side annoying noise

Old 02-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Question Passenger side annoying noise

Hi all, well i've been hearing this sound from the passenger side for a week or more, I have taken everything that moves out of the cab, and i can still hear it..... it seems to me it comes from the passenger side near the center console below the floor mat or carpet...... any ideas???

Im uploading a video on Photobucket, but its taking forever.....
Old 02-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I get that annoying sound sometimes too. But then my wife gets out

I can't wait to see the video to hear it, i do have some interior sounds I can't trace down yet.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I get that annoying sound sometimes too. But then my wife get out

I can't wait to see the video to hear it, i do have some interior sounds I can't trace down yet.
Lmao on the wife thing.....

Seriously... the sound is annoying the hell out of me.... i cant remember when it started, and im almost certain now that it comes from the side of the center console on pass. side..... I punched the area and it sounds almost like a metallic thing is loose there......

It only happens when i accelerate or break, but not everytime.... sighs....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
You sure your tailgate isn't bolted up underneath your truck???
Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
charles leandro will become famous soon enough
charles leandro's Tacoma Gallery
toco noise

check the heat sheild on cat coverter gets bent hits cab floor?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles leandro View Post
check the heat sheild on cat coverter gets bent hits cab floor?
not to jinx ed, but his catalytic converter will probably be stolen by the time he crawls under the truck.

Oh yeah, and the noise is only going to get worse after you get married.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
also check the wire bundles behind the glovebox. These have been known to cause a buzzing noise in the past.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #9

video

Old 02-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #10

Btw, sorry for the video quality and all the movement, i was driving and holding the camera hehehe...... talk about reckless driving....
Old 02-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
not to jinx ed, but his catalytic converter will probably be stolen by the time he crawls under the truck.

Oh yeah, and the noise is only going to get worse after you get married.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I keep thinkin I'm hearin a loose noise in the access doors like the damn speaker isn't tight or somethin like that.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you're hearing a small group of underpants gnomes coming to steal your underwear. Start wearing your belt tighter.

Have you checked underneath the seat? Maybe there's a loose wire connector rattling against the seat tracks. Or maybe the seat belt is hitting the center console?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I keep thinkin I'm hearin a loose noise in the access doors like the damn speaker isn't tight or somethin like that.
yea, first time I heard it, i thought i had something on the door compartment, but nope.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Maybe you're hearing a small group of underpants gnomes coming to steal your underwear. Start wearing your belt tighter.

Have you checked underneath the seat? Maybe there's a loose wire connector rattling against the seat tracks. Or maybe the seat belt is hitting the center console?
Im gonna check on that also....
Old 02-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #15

Old 02-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #16

I found the issue, let me upload the information...

OK this was my problem.....

Some weeks ago I used a set of wrenchs, and left a couple behind my passenger door, well, hte damn things went straight into the heating duct below the pass. seat....

So i had to take off the front passenger sill panels and lift the carpet so i could reach the duct with my hands and detach it....

And thats it....
Old 02-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. Good thing you found it, you wouldn't want those thieves taking apart your truck with your own tools!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
LMAO!!!!
If it makes you feel better, A few years ago, I had a noise on my 2000 that happened when I would brake or accel. It was a metal sound that would gradually build up and end with a "CLANG". Turned out the my lost 15mm socket was in the seat track.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Hahaha. Good thing you found it, you wouldn't want those thieves taking apart your truck with your own tools!
I know.... I would be better off handing them my keys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
LMAO!!!!
If it makes you feel better, A few years ago, I had a noise on my 2000 that happened when I would brake or accel. It was a metal sound that would gradually build up and end with a "CLANG". Turned out the my lost 15mm socket was in the seat track.
Actually, it does make me feel better Mr. Tool Time