1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyotec Ultimate Lift question?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by maddscience, May 25, 2013.

1. May 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    maddscience

maddscience [OP] Member

Member:
    huntington beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner Sport
    Does the kit come with everything I need for a DCLB TRD Sport. And the add a leaf? 2 inch would be level and 1.5 inch would be bro status??

Thanks

2. May 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    watchdog

watchdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    nanuet n.y.
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Rims and tires , exhaust , stereo , Bhlm ,Changed carpet to black from grey. toytec ultimate lift kit. Allpro front bumper and light bar. In process of blacking out interior. Otrattw switches, black vinyl armrest mod, clazzio leather seat covers with heaters, flowmaster dual exhaust, hornblasters train horns,
    Put this on my 09 access cab. Kit complete with every thing. Add a leaf seemed to raise truck up more than front. I like the back higher than the front anyway. Definitely rides better than stock. Mine is tacoma base. Don't know what springs you have.

3. May 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:
    IMO, no it does not come with everything you need. You will need adjustable upper control arms in order to get the proper alignment, contrary to what Toytec tells you. ( if you install them at the pre set height)

I have had this kit for 3 years and just recently took it off. I admit I bought this when I knew little about Tacoma suspension options, and I am still very far from any sort of expert. IMO this is way too much $ for what you get. After it is all said and done you will have $1600 in it before any installation or alignment costs, all for Bilstein 5100s.

Many members have said the same thing about my current setup, so take that into consideration too.

For that kind of $ you could get the stage 1 icon setup which I am sure most people would agree is better.

I went with the Baja suspension which gives you right at two inches of lift for $1500. With this kit no adjustable uca's are required, no drop brackets, no vibration issues, no vsc issues, etc...but like I said there are many members who will have other opinions on this kit.

4. May 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

I totally agree with the above opinion. I also bought the ULK and regret it, not only on a price point but mainly for the fact of Toy Tec's piss poor and lousy customer service. I have an oil leaking blown rear billy and since it was still in the warranty period from Toy Tec I contacted them about it and they pretty much told me that the shock is supposed to leak oil and to basically piss off because they won't do anything for me. Toy Tec will never ever get another penny from me and I will let everyone and anyone who wants to know, about their shitty piss poor lousy customer service.

5. May 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    Brandon###

Member:
    +1.

I forgot to mention that it rides rough and the rear shocks it comes with seem to be too short.

6. May 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    This is the lift I got. A big reason for me was if I may want to update the leaf springs. The coils are adjustable with spanner wrench. If you have rake, all you have to do is adjust.

7. May 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    There have been posts about this issue before, and the problem sounds like bilstein, not toytec. Toytec has to honor the warranty what bilstein says, which says that shock leakage is normal. Do i agree with it? No. Does toytec? I dont know. If toytec does not believe the warranty is of good quality they should stop selling the product.

I have the ULK and got it for the adjustability up front and like it. If i had to do it over again i probably wouldve shelled out a bit more and gone with an icon or fox setup, but the ulk has not done bad for me to date.

8. May 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

I agree with you, but on the other hand they should try a little harder than just saying "that's Bilstein's warranty, you are shit out of luck" Now not in those specific words, but almost.

9. May 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Ill touch on this a little.

We sell Bilstein, they are a great shock for the price and performance you get! They should not leak, no shock should leak. If it does, the seals are bad, or there is no charge in it. End of story. You may have some initial residue from assembly and quality testing, but straight leaking, no.

Bilstein used to allow the retailer to handle warranty issues for the end user (you guys). But about 3 years ago it got taken away. Now, you have to go direct through Bilstein, by send your shock in, which in turn makes you have to run with no shock, or buy another and wait for them to reimburse you. At that point they already sold you another shock.

But again, 5100's are great shock for the price. Now, they are meant to be used with stock coils with the stock coil rate and length to give the best ride and life of the shock, that's what they are set up and internally valved for. We don't sell aftermarket springs with them or any combo of the sort as we believe in the best ride possible.

After all said and done, like stated above, if you don't want to keep your stock coils and 5100's you could have went Icon/Fox stage 1 and been cheaper and a MUCH better ride, rebuildable shock, progressive coil, and customer service direct from the retailer.

Sometimes we take a lot of flack for not selling certain shocks, spacers or lifts, but we do this for a reason, we want you to spend your hard earned $$$ on something that will not only last, but improve your ride quality and be a purchase your happy with for years to come.

10. May 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    Ftroop

Ftroop Little Member

Member:
    rock in the middle of the sea
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DCSB
    PlastiDipped badges, N-Fab steps, SCA bedside decals, interior LEDs
    DAMN IT!!!!! I just purchased this lift!

11. May 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    Brandon###

Member:

Don't worry about it too much. It's just shocks, you can replace (upgrade) them after a couple of years.

Or you can take a small hit and sell it.

12. May 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    Ftroop

Ftroop Little Member

Member:
    rock in the middle of the sea
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DCSB
    PlastiDipped badges, N-Fab steps, SCA bedside decals, interior LEDs
    Yeah... I hope its not that bad. but if it is I guess I'll be dropping some cash for an upgrade...:(

13. May 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    maddscience

maddscience [OP] Member

Member:
    huntington beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner Sport
    Thanks for all the reply's fellas. I am new to the whole truck life. I have been building my 05 evo 8 since I bought it, and i am ready for a new project. I have been prowling the build threads alot, and I am learning alot. I did not know just wanting a 3inch lift could be so troublesome.

14. May 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    It's just that there are SO many ways to get that 3", but only a few of them are the right way to do it.

15. May 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    i have this kit and i have been very happy with it. i also opted for the total chaos UCA's to get a good alignment. i have had this kit on my truck for almost 3 years and i havent had any issues.

16. May 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    06taco

06taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 4-door TRD Sport
    *TRD Supercharger *3" OME lift kit *Dakar rear leaf springs *Total Chaos UCA *TJM T15 Plate Bumper *TJM Stealth 9000 winch
    I would have to agree with this. I'm fortunate I bought a used ULK from a member on TW and got a good deal. I have the coilovers crank to try and achieve close to three inches of lift and in return it made the ride very stiff up front.

In the rear I have Dakar leaf springs but like Brandon mentioned it seems as the the rear shocks are too short. Not sure just my opinion.

Thinking about remove the ULK and going with old man emu lift kit with heavy front shocks as I now have a plate bumper and winch.

17. May 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    VtotheZ

VtotheZ Active Member

Member:
    Southern Cali
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DBLB
    I am also in this same boat, I would like to go with a 3inch lift and also level it out. Primary goal is a better stance and to be able to use larger tires without any clearance issues. What are those 3 best options? My biggest concerne would be the ride quality, I don't want any loss in that at all if possible

18. May 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Icon/Fox/King Coil overs. The big 3. Those will be the best ride quality. Stock ride usually better than stock.

Icon Stage 1 with a UCA is the way to go.

19. May 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    maddscience

maddscience [OP] Member

Member:
    huntington beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner Sport
    I was looking @ the ICON stage 1 setup. Is this a complete setup? or is there other things I would need to complete it. Its just shock, coilover right? So am I still going to need an aal or something??

20. May 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    VtotheZ

VtotheZ Active Member

Member:
    Southern Cali
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DBLB
    +1 .... What's in the stage 1 kit? Is this just for the front suspension? Whats UCA? Is there a website that sells this kit?

Products Discussed in

To Top