Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Fog Light anytime w/ fuse...step by step

Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Fog Light anytime w/ fuse...step by step

I use this method….http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6138091 so credit go to azchris, but i decided to take pics of the step by step i used to make everything fit nice and clean…. also this is my 1st attemp at a DIY write-up!!! so I hope Im clear enough.

here is what i used:

*1 In-Line Fuse holder

*1 Fully Insulated-Crimp-On quick disconnects (1/4')' MALE (insulation came off but these were a little longer than the non insulated) *replaced w/ heat shrink

*1 Insulated-Crimp-On quick disconnects (3/16'') FEMALE (insulation came off to fit between relay and fuse box wall) *replaced w/ heat shrink

*about 4in of heat shrink

***read the entire install as you may have to shorten the lengh of the In-Line fuse Holder wires***

these are the points of contact we will be using:

i started by taking the insulations off on the quick disconnects, Both male and female

the male tab is bigger that the female we are going to tap into, so i use a dremel to shave a little and make fit:

to about this:

and then bend like this:

now you bent the furthest down left tab on the fog relay as tight as possible but with enough space to put in the already stripped female quick disconnect…something like this:

now attach each end of the In-line fuse holder to the quick disconects and put the heat shrinks

and then attach the female to the bent tab of the fog relay:

now finally back to the fuse box….
insert the male tab as noted in this pic and the inset the relay:

and finally replace the fog relay with the female end already attached previously….

if you cut the wires right, you should be able to tuck them in nice and clean and the box will close just as normal:

and here it is!

I tested it and it works in all settings:
Fogs alone, Fogs with DRL, with parking light, with Low Beams, and with High Beams….
and they come off when shutting the car off….
Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
NutsTacoma is on a distinguished road

NutsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What size fuse did you use in the fuse holder? And thanks that's a great write up with detailed pics.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
drstu is on a distinguished road
drstu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsTacoma View Post
What size fuse did you use in the fuse holder? And thanks that's a great write up with detailed pics.
Ditto!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
Thank you….
I used a 15amp fuse
not at truck but iam guessing the 15 amp fuse is what is normally goin to the fog lights????? bout to do this mod.....headlights and foglight sorta defeat the purpose of low lying lights in my opinion....
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
done!.....sweet time to go cruise a few dark roads n see the difference, thanks for making it easy as pie
Old 07-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up and pictures!!!! I like using my fog lights and high beams when I am out in Montana traveling those gravel roads late at nite....coming back from hunting seems I see lots of deer and antelope right beside the road and the fog lights really help me see them!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
It was called thee 80s
cgredler is on a distinguished road
Name: Cam
cgredler's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

Just did it.... Thanks for the write up, my dude. cost me about 12 bucks and 15 minutes.

...on to the next mod.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the great write up and pics. Took me all of 10 minutes to do it.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i want to do this mod on my 2006, but just not sure where to run the jumper wire from and to..any help on this, here are the pics of my fuse box, and lid
Old 07-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
Wisaunders is on a distinguished road
Wisaunders's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the parts for this? Are these common parts you can pick up from autozone or a similar store?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light mod for 2006

It's is what I did on my 06 for anytime on fogs, they'd go off when you shut the truck off, found it on tw, thanks goes to the guys that wrote this
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Fog Light anytime w/ fuse...step by step-image.jpg