Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

grill

Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
grill

Does any one have an extra grill? I just mess up my grill. I did not know that the SR5 grills had a metel over lay. I need a non SR5 grill so I can just paint it. How much does a new grill go for?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have a chrome stock grill I will sell for $100 plus shipping.
By the way mine is a TRD.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
KoolWipTacoma is on a distinguished road
KoolWipTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Does any one have an extra grill? I just mess up my grill. I did not know that the SR5 grills had a metel over lay. I need a non SR5 grill so I can just paint it. How much does a new grill go for?
not sure wat u mean bout a metel over lay unless you are talking bout a griill instert or billet grill or something like that but i have a 05 taco sr5 with the chrome surrounding an black center section and its all plastic. i painted the chrome surrounding white. but try ebay!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
Koolwiptacoma, did your paint stick? there is a very very thin metel over lay thats is how they got the chrome look. I just found this out.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
KoolWipTacoma is on a distinguished road
KoolWipTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Koolwiptacoma, did your paint stick? there is a very very thin metel over lay thats is how they got the chrome look. I just found this out.
i do auto body work for a living so i kno a little more bout painting than a than most. But any way yes mine did and any1s will if they kno wat there doing. I just used a red scotch bright (scuff pad) and scuffed it really good. keep scuffing untill you have gotten rid of most of shine. tape off the black section (this is the hard part, where most people will get flustrated but just take your time) then use a wax/gease remover to clean wats being painted (do not touch after cleaning do to oils in fanger). it better 2 use a sealer coat 1st but i didnt. spray 2-3 coats of color allowing it to tackup (almoust dry) for each coat. (dont roush it). then put about 3 good wet coats of clear the same way just be careful not to run it. if you dont do wet coats and you do to light of coat it will have a dry look and wont be glossy..... If u are useing a high gloss color from a spray can you dont have to use clear but i always do it help protect and it doesnt allow color to faid as the other will in time. Hope this helps you out i bit if you have any more ?'s just hit me up!