1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed URD shortshifter...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1tacoplease, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Feb 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    1tacoplease

1tacoplease [OP] I like my truck!

Member:
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    2008 BSP 4x4 6 speed
    265/70/17 BFG RT's, FJ 17" rims with 1.25" spidertraxx Debadged, HID's, URD short shifter, Bilstein 5100's in the front, TSB and 1" block rear, URD TCAI with maf calibrator, JBL long tubes, DT Y pipe, Gibson exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pioneer stereo, Bak flip G2 tonneau, TRD skid plate, MB Quarts all around with dynomat, Viper Alarm with motion sensor
    I'm real happy with how short the shifts are but I hear and feel this grinding sound under my feet. It doesn't feel like the gears are grinding because I feel no vibrartion in the stickshift but something is definitely grinding. I only drove it a mile after that and left it parked. Going to leave it parked until the mechanics open on Monday but does anyone have any ideas to what it is?

2. Feb 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!

Walk through the entire install. Make sure all your steps were correct. Did you use a punch and locktite to secure that bolt.

I dont remember the install step by step, but you need to besure you did not drop anything, or that nothing came loose...

3. Feb 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    1tacoplease

1tacoplease [OP] I like my truck!

Member:
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    2008 BSP 4x4 6 speed
    265/70/17 BFG RT's, FJ 17" rims with 1.25" spidertraxx Debadged, HID's, URD short shifter, Bilstein 5100's in the front, TSB and 1" block rear, URD TCAI with maf calibrator, JBL long tubes, DT Y pipe, Gibson exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pioneer stereo, Bak flip G2 tonneau, TRD skid plate, MB Quarts all around with dynomat, Viper Alarm with motion sensor
    I remember doing everything correctly but it was a loot of work for no garage and limited tools that I'm taking it to a mechanic and if they can't fix it, the dealer!:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top