Notices

Installed URD shortshifter...

Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
I like my truck!
1tacoplease is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT - ret.
1tacoplease's Tacoma Gallery
Installed URD shortshifter...

I'm real happy with how short the shifts are but I hear and feel this grinding sound under my feet. It doesn't feel like the gears are grinding because I feel no vibrartion in the stickshift but something is definitely grinding. I only drove it a mile after that and left it parked. Going to leave it parked until the mechanics open on Monday but does anyone have any ideas to what it is?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tacoplease View Post
I'm real happy with how short the shifts are but I hear and feel this grinding sound under my feet. It doesn't feel like the gears are grinding because I feel no vibrartion in the stickshift but something is definitely grinding. I only drove it a mile after that and left it parked. Going to leave it parked until the mechanics open on Monday but does anyone have any ideas to what it is?

Walk through the entire install. Make sure all your steps were correct. Did you use a punch and locktite to secure that bolt.

I dont remember the install step by step, but you need to besure you did not drop anything, or that nothing came loose...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
I like my truck!
1tacoplease is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT - ret.
1tacoplease's Tacoma Gallery
I remember doing everything correctly but it was a loot of work for no garage and limited tools that I'm taking it to a mechanic and if they can't fix it, the dealer!