1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Got My Topper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by e-rok, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Feb 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    e-rok

e-rok [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 Timberland Mica Double Cab Tacoma 4x4
    I believe so, nice feature for sure.

2. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Beeg

Beeg Active Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Thanks for posting the pics! It's killing me, I'm on my 5th week since I ordered my Leer and am anticipating it to arrive any day.

Looks like we ordered almost the same thing. Mine will be blue though and I went with the 100XR instead of the 100R. I also got the front slider, Thule Tracker II, and carpet ceiling. Only problem I ran into is I wanted the driver side window a slider and the passenger side a Windoor type model. Leer came back and said they don't make a Windoor for the short bed (I have dbl cab, short bed). So two sliding windows I guess it is.

Any problems so far? I was "Leer-y" about the Thule system since I've only ever used Yakima, but it looks good on your truck.

Spent last weekend down at Wolf Creek skiing. Topper would have been nice to have.

3. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    just plug yourself in a space heater in the bed and u got a nice place to camp

4. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    mistaare

mistaare Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.

5. Feb 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    Beeg

Beeg Active Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Mistaare,

What options/gear did you go with on the Adventure package besides just having the rack (tracks, feet and bars)? From Leer's website it looked like you could choose an additional accessory (bike rack, ski rack, some big bag thingy, etc).

-Beeg

6. Feb 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    mistaare

mistaare Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.

i got the load stops. i already have thule bike rack and ski rack so i figured that would be a good one to have. hopefully by NEXT summer i will have enough for one of these http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolina.php
    :D

its going to be a long, slow build. :)

7. Feb 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM
    TroutBum

TroutBum Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 AC 4x4 Sold, 17 Sport 6MT DCSB, 2020 OR DCSB
    Leer 100R
    I think they put extra reinforcing in for the rack? Jerseytaco - did you install one / any issues?

e-rok - Thanks for the photos of the inside, it does look like LEER put the wrong window in mine (the slider doesn't match the trucks slider).

I wonder why it's taking so long for delivery of the toppers, I had mine in under two weeks after ordering...

Mike

8. Feb 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    boxxed

boxxed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road

Thats cool. I have the same one except for the carpet inside. I didnt know it was an option. I got the same rack. They make a little nicer one but they wanted another 100 bucks. I paid 1300ish for mine. It took 2 weeks to get. I also have a Viper alarm installed and had the motion sensor instlled in the back of the bed. Very cool look!

Oh go back and get the rubber covers for the handles. It will protect them from the elements.

9. Feb 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    e-rok

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    No problems so far, but I have not used it for anything yet. Seems very solid . Simple, yet secure and I like the look. I think Thule an Yakima are pretty comparable....

10. Feb 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    e-rok

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I think they do lay some extra glass in the roof if you have the rack factory installed, but could not find that in writing anywhere, just the impression the salesman gave me. The main reason I let them do it at the factory is because if you do it yourself you void your warranty and I wanted to make sure it did not leak or anything like that, might as well leave it to the pros, the rack cost extra but having the rails factory installed did not cost anything more.

11. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM
    e-rok

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Totally meant to do that, too bad the dealer where I bought it is 4 hours (Denver) from where I live. Road grit will eat those locks, will have to find a Leer dealer while I am on my California road trip next week!

12. Mar 3, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    UCKYUK

UCKYUK Well-Known Member

Member:

Please post some pics of the 100XR once you get it. Thanks!!!

13. Mar 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    Braino

Braino Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4
    A.R.E. cap, suspention upgrade (tsb), window tint
    Nice Camper Top. Quick question, I'm going to get a cap also. I noticed you took off your plastic bed caps. Was it difficult to do? Did the installer do it for you? or maybe your particular 09 did not have them to begin with.

14. Mar 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    gdctaco

gdctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgetown, ont
    Vehicle:
    06 access cab 4x4 O/R
    rr diff mod in-cab 110
    the plastic bed cap is easy to remove, there's 1 of those push button expanding plstic thingy at the back by the tail gate, remove that and pry the cap off its held down with plastic clips, ive had mine off and put them back on. It takes quite a bit of effort to get it started, i pushed from the side across to the other side of the bed and sorta upwards. the bedsides and the composite bed attach at the tie down rail, you should leave those on.

15. Mar 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    m1llrtym

m1llrtym Member

Member:
    Pittsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 4wd SR5 lifted white
    Donahoe's, alcan aal's, rear 5100s, 18% tint, black UWS low profile box, shorty ant, Ipod Interface, debaged, BHLM, Bixenon HID, Nokya Hyper-yellow fogs, Flat black Vinyl lip, Home color-matched grille, Powder-coated rear bumper (white), Black Weather-tech mats, hacked exhaust tip.
    Thats sick!

Products Discussed in

To Top