Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
BigDadi26 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dante
BigDadi26's Tacoma Gallery
vent shades

new to posting here 2011 Trd Sport
Thinking of putting In-Channel Vent shades on the truck any preference
Auto Ventshade 194056 In-Channel Ventvisor, 4 Piece

or WeatherTech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors for Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, Dark Smoke -
the weather techs are twice the price but i like weather-techs products so far

your thoughts?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadi26 View Post
new to posting here 2011 Trd Sport
Thinking of putting In-Channel Vent shades on the truck any preference
Auto Ventshade 194056 In-Channel Ventvisor, 4 Piece

or WeatherTech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors for Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, Dark Smoke -
the weather techs are twice the price but i like weather-techs products so far

your thoughts?
I went with the EGR brand (http://egrusa.com/). I have had them for about 3 years and I'm happy with them. OTOH, bought the Weathertechs for our Subaru and think they fit well and look excellent. I don't think you would go wrong with either of these brands.

I don't have any experience with the Auto Ventshade brand.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I like my weathertechs. Gets a little tight the last inch or so rolling up the windows though.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I have and like the EGR's. much more of a low profile design than the weathertechs
Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
I was worried about it geting tight at the last inch or two with the tints,
thanks fellas
Old 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadi26 View Post
I was worried about it geting tight at the last inch or two with the tints,
thanks fellas
If it is just the factory tint, I have had no issues. I can't speak for aftermarket tint. Also, I clean the area behind the channel (inside which touches the exterior window surface) each time I wash the truck.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
yup aftermarkets here brought it down to 10% thats why I haven't jumped on them yet
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't affect my tint though. They rub on the bare glass. I have aftermarket tint, no issues yet.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
NoDak has a spectacular aura aboutNoDak has a spectacular aura about
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
don't get the avs one, they stick out way to far to be of much use in bad weather or even good weather as you can barely crack them open without getting a windstorm of wind. I am looking for a close fit (not in-channel) like I have on my 2010 Subaru legacy oem's.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Doesn't affect my tint though. They rub on the bare glass. I have aftermarket tint, no issues yet.
I also have tint film on my front windows with in channel vent shades. Been installed for many years and no issues with the tint because of the tight fit.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
RomeoTango will become famous soon enough

Army: CW4(R) - Wolf Pack
RomeoTango's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the in-channel Weathertechs, but did not like how the last inch or so rolled up so tightly. I could hear some strain on the electric motor. I returned them. Considering the stick on version.

My Dad, Uncle and Brother all have the stick on the version for this reason. Many here have no issues with the in-channel or issue with the motor. We just don't care for the potential of the problem I suppose.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Another one for Weathertech. I've had them on about 6 years now, no problems at all. Even the last inch or so is fine rolling up. Only suggestion I would have is that you peel the little sticker off that says Weathertech. Mine has separated into about three pieces and looks like it has become one with the plastic now after all these hot summers.

Can't stand the look of stick on visors, they stick out way too far and whistle like a bitch up on the highway.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
n23 is on a distinguished road
Army: E-5, Field Artillery
Name: Nam
n23's Tacoma Gallery
I myself went with EGR due to its price, no problems or regrets.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Triad Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Daren
Triad Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have issues with the Weathertech's falling out? I can't seem to get the tape to adhere, especially the rear ones.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Skeeter Skeetin is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: AET/Flight Mechanic
Name: Greg
Skeeter Skeetin's Tacoma Gallery
Went with Weathertech. they've been on for about a year now, and no issues with my aftermarket tint at all.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
Think I'm leanin towards the weathertechs thanks everybody

Products Discussed in this Thread