Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Official" Firestone RideRite + Lift Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #41
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
going to try to get my cradles put on this weekend. Work has been crazy with all the storms we have had here...
Nice. Should be very simple.

I'm probably going to be working on mine, either elongating the mounting hole or drilling a new one if there is enough space.

You might want to line everything up and see the bag is centered in the cradle before tightening everything up. I'm guessing it will be off center a touch like mine are.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #42
indashipad is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
indashipad's Tacoma Gallery
I like the pics on this thread. I tackled this problem like many others, free-floating the bag. I didn't want the bags to effect the ride or travel. I, more or less, want them out of the way when I'm not carrying a load. I placed a valve in the air line, removed the valve core temporarily, and evacuated the air from the bags.
Attached Thumbnails
"Official" Firestone RideRite + Lift Thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #43
indashipad is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
indashipad's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had problem without the cups.
Attached Thumbnails
"Official" Firestone RideRite + Lift Thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #44
jrubicon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jrubicon's Tacoma Gallery

so im debating if i really need the air bags. This is my truck, fully loaded with extra fuel tanks. its low but not sagging that much.
Do you recommend air bags? is it not sagging as much since its still new?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #45
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrubicon View Post

so im debating if i really need the air bags. This is my truck, fully loaded with extra fuel tanks. its low but not sagging that much.
Do you recommend air bags? is it not sagging as much since its still new?
It's definitely sagging. But only you can make the call. If it drives fine and the amount of sagging isn't bothering you than you probably don't need them.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #47
phatso is on a distinguished road
phatso's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on the Ride-Rites, probably from here...

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ags_p_302.html

unless someone has a better source to buy from.

I've struggled choosing, still struggling, between Dakars vs. Ride-Rites. I have an OME 3" lift, more like 2.5", 885's and an aal, but sag big time when I pull my boat and/or load any significant amount of weight in the bed.

With the Dakars I worry that I'll still sag a little, more-so worried about being in this same position a few years down the road, especially if we upgrade to a bigger boat. Is this concern legit?

Anyways, if I pull the trigger on the Ride-Rites should I add the spacer option listed on Toytec?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatso View Post
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on the Ride-Rites, probably from here...

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ags_p_302.html

unless someone has a better source to buy from.

I've struggled choosing, still struggling, between Dakars vs. Ride-Rites. I have an OME 3" lift, more like 2.5", 885's and an aal, but sag big time when I pull my boat and/or load any significant amount of weight in the bed.

With the Dakars I worry that I'll still sag a little, more-so worried about being in this same position a few years down the road, especially if we upgrade to a bigger boat. Is this concern legit?

Anyways, if I pull the trigger on the Ride-Rites should I add the spacer option listed on Toytec?
I would get the airbags. You can set the psi for whatever load you want and never worry about sag in any state, loaded or unloaded.

I would not recommend the spacers. I really like the cradles. Just had the truck out this past weekend fooling around in the dirt and did some mild off roading, they are great.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #49
phatso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
I would get the airbags. You can set the psi for whatever load you want and never worry about sag in any state, loaded or unloaded.

I would not recommend the spacers. I really like the cradles. Just had the truck out this past weekend fooling around in the dirt and did some mild off roading, they are great.
Edit: Nevermind I just re-read your post from page 2 and looked at the pics more closely.

Did you ever get the cradle to line up properly?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #50
Quote:
Does the air bag just free float when not loaded or towing? Or does it only come out of the cradle while flexing?
Just when flexing. But doesn't take that much flex to float off the cradle.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #51
Quote:
Edit: Nevermind I just re-read your post from page 2 and looked at the pics more closely.

Did you ever get the cradle to line up properly?
Not perfectly but good enough. I ran out of time to really line it up on the day I was working on it, but I think it's fine the way it is now.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #52
Tao Zero is on a distinguished road
Tao Zero's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OP for all the usefull information! I need bags to level my truck out when towing TT. I thought I would be unable to run the bags with a new leaf pack and
figured I would have to deal with the sag until I lifted truck (still not sure it would sag or not). But with the bags I will be able to level any load. I love the idea of the cradles too, being able to float the bags!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Zero View Post
Thanks OP for all the usefull information! I need bags to level my truck out when towing TT. I thought I would be unable to run the bags with a new leaf pack and
figured I would have to deal with the sag until I lifted truck (still not sure it would sag or not). But with the bags I will be able to level any load. I love the idea of the cradles too, being able to float the bags!
No problem! I know how you feel, I was scratching my head for the longest time trying to figure out the best solution for lift + good ride + towing/eliminating sag.

Update us with how you like it when you're done. Haven't found much of anything on the cradles being used with Taco's.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #54
phatso's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, thanks OP.

I worry about slush and ice build up in the winter. Anyone here use the cradles and can speak about how they do in winter conditions?

I'm imagining water/slush building up around the cradle and bags, then freezing, then possibly tearing/puncturing the bags when I drive around.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered up the RideRites and Daystars and it was 360 something altogether. They gave me almost 40% off. Cradles were 60 instead of 100, and RideRites was 270ish instead of 400+

Can't wait to get them. My truck will be much happier.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
I ordered up the RideRites and Daystars and it was 360 something altogether. They gave me almost 40% off. Cradles were 60 instead of 100, and RideRites was 270ish instead of 400+

Can't wait to get them. My truck will be much happier.
I am ready to pull the trigger too. Where did you purchase from? That's a good price.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #57
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
AutoAnything.com
Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #58
Installed the Ride Rites today. Everything went smooth, except I forgot to put on the heat shield. Don't think they are completely necessary, there is a good distance between the exhaust and the bag. I do recommend to remove your spare when installing, lots of room. I was able to actually sit under the truck. Towing trailer next week, should help a bit. Now I'm set up good for towing. Air bags, brake controller and ScanGauge to monitor tranny temp.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #59

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery

These are going on this week... got everything, but gotta hit up the lake tomorrow or it would be going in
Old 07-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #60
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of putting ride-rites on my truck (lifted with ome up front and dakars in the rear), has anyone used the ride-rite spacer (pn WR17602366 or "2366") on their truck ($65)? Or is everyone just using the daystar ($80)?

http://www.amazon.com/Firestone-2366...hu-rd_add_1_dp

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fip-2366

http://www.amazon.com/Daystar-KU0914...I3RERFBSDUU54O

Products Discussed in this Thread