1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Official" Firestone RideRite + Lift Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by littleblue81, May 28, 2013.

1. Jul 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    hellsbay

hellsbay Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner TRD OR
    108#'s for my RTT.

2. Jul 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    hellsbay

hellsbay Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner TRD OR
    This is a great thread. Thanks Littleblue81. I have been searching for a week to find a solution to be able to tow my TT and off road. I am ordering the Firestone AB and the Cradle. :D:D:D:D

3. Jul 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Glad to see people using this and like it. just purchased mine from autoanything.com, they are currently 12% off and 3% back with ebates and free shipping. The 12% off goes till 7/31/13 though. Was a toss up between these and airlifts brand. Saw them and saw these. The mount brackets for these look better and sturdier granted they do cost more. The install instruction for the air rides looked crap, compared to a Toyota Tacoma specific install video the company has on the internet.

4. Jul 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    No problem, glad the information is useful.

I've towed my boat another 300 miles or so, the entire setup is working great!

5. Jul 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    I've been wanting to do something very similar to this for awhile now. Be able to tow, mild off road, and hit some trails. I feel like this is a pretty ideal set up for that. Thanks OP for all the details, and I'm sure I'll be trolling this again this winter when I start tackling this project.

6. Aug 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DoubleCab Long Bed 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    Sooo, Mine are in as of today... wow the range of height difference is insane. I put 50psi in for my Centurion Wakesurf Boat and the sag went to a extra 3 inches of lift. When I tested it up to 100psi with no load or trailer the truck lifted like 8 inches. I drove with it and no noises, it rides smooth... Toyota should offer it as a factory option. It installs clean and flush. Beyond excited for it!!!

[​IMG]

7. Aug 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    post some pics of your install please

8. Aug 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    I can get some installed pic tomorrow... basically followed the video from etrailer.com but just put the daystar cup in on top of the bottom plate. I had one of my techs do it on our day off today while I occasionally helped, but he is a kickass tech so I didn't need to do much. It's a very complete kit. Somewhere down the line I want to add On Board Air and remote controls, and possibly an air hose to air up tires as well.

The range of height is INSANE...

9. Aug 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tow with it yet? Love these things, the cradles make them even better. Just hope the bags hold up over time.

10. Aug 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    I pretty much am always towing. Usually I am towing my Centurion Avalanche C4 Loaded Package 3 (which is everything, 5 ballasts, tons of amps, speakers, goodies, and I keep it fully fueled)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seriously... Fitment is perfect, and it's scary how high this thing lifts. Even at 50psi it rakes with my 5000lb boat attached. I had a trailer behind it last couple days with a 440 Kawasaki Jet Ski, a YSR50, and a Transmission for a Chevy truck, and a bed filled with Jet Ski parts and Rims and had no clue I was towing everything. Had to keep checking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am the WORST toy whore in the planet though... There needs to be like an AA program for Toy Junkies

11. Aug 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    JS440 FTW!

12. Aug 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    do you have any pictures of your truck w/ the boat? I love seeing nice ass boats behind our trucks. few people up near a marina I frequent have tacomas and have fairly nice mastercrafts in tow. one guy has a super clean supra (older but spotless)

and I fully agree, although you can never have too many toys, there is certainly a limit. 1st step is admitting....

this whole thread makes me wish I had a set of bags/cradles, although i don't tow/haul nearly as much, it'd make the times when I do that much better

13. Aug 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

A shot I took before airbags but with 3: midtravel iShock coilovers and UCA

[​IMG]

It's amazing the truck tows it so well, its heavy as hell. Towed out to the lake tonight and even with 3 batteries, a jump box, and cables batteries are TOAST!!!

14. Sep 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    JJinNJ

JJinNJ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    I've been looking around this forum for a solution to my 2013 4cly Access 4x4 rear sag. after going through several posts I think you convinced me that the airbags are the way to go. I installed a LEER cap and my tools and the rear dropped 3" - 22" down to 19". According to dealer no TSB for me - 2 springs & the helper is all I get. I found the Firestone kit search but it returns 2 different one's - 2410 & 2407 - which one do you recommend?

15. Sep 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    There is only one kit for the 4x4 the 2x4 is different.

16. Sep 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    San Diego, CA originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    i will def be doing this once I get started on my cargo trailer conversion

17. Sep 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    DaMann

DaMann Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Sport TRD DCLB
    Just bought mine. Sitting in a box beside my table. Hopefully I will have them in pretty quick. I will post pics up of the job.

18. Sep 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    DaMann

DaMann Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Sport TRD DCLB
    Finally got my air bags in yesterday. Didn't end up getting pics of the install cause we were busy getting it done. Install wasn't too bad. Did it all on the ground one side at a time using a jack and jack stand. A sawzall sure makes quick work on getting the bump stops off so borrow one if you can, lucky my neighbour had one. I have about 10 psi in the bags right now ( no load) and the back end is a tad higher than stock. Took it for a small spin and it seems to ride about the same.

I've read that you have to have the bags deflated when the truck goes on a hoist. Also read that some people strap up the axle when putting it up on the hoist. I'm just worried about tearing the bags when it goes up on the hoist. Anyone have experience with this?

19. Sep 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was worried like you but soon got over it. Just remember ask at service if they will put on life. If they are just tell them you have bags and you need to take out the air to lift and have them refill when done. And when wheeling I just don't give a shit and just do whatever anymore and have not had a problem so far.

But the best solution is to get the pucks talked about here then you don't have to worry at all. I plan on getting them before the year is out.

20. Oct 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    JJinNJ

JJinNJ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Installed FIrestone Ride Rites with 50-60 Psi. Rides MUCH better. Distance from centerline of wheel hub to bottom of wheel well was originally 22". Installed cap - went to 21". loaded up tools - went to 19". 50-60 Psi back to about 22".

Did not install the Dynastar cups - I do not do any off roading - only some bad parking lots!

IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg

To Top