Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Retractable Bed Covers

Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
Rokon is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Rokon's Tacoma Gallery
Roll-n-lock is a great cover and I do like mine. But, security is not strong. You can drill a couple of holes in the right place and knock the lock pins out of the tailgate extrusion quickly and easily with a punch. I keep the measurement in truck in case the mechanism ever fails in the locked position. Again, good cover but don't depend on security for valuable items. Something could be installed under the pins but that would make it a big issue in the event of a mechanism failure.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #22
SAC'D FJC
sbechtold is on a distinguished road

sbechtold's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohunden View Post
Sbechtold

How secure is the tailgate with the roll n lock? If I go that route, should I get a tailgate lock just to be more secure?
This was on a previous truck. There was an aluminum mount that attached to the tailgate. On the rear face of the roll n lock there were 2 latches (one on each side) that latched to the tailgate. I never ran a tailgate lock and couldn't open the tailgate no matter how hard I pulled. I would say very secure and no need for the locking tailgate.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #24
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

Name: dwayne
faststang90's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my dads was just a little over 2,000 installed for his f350
Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #25
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got Retrax one cover, silver and i love it. I paid 900 for it. Bought it trhough Tonneau cover world.com. They gave me a military discount too.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #26
Libohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Libohunden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzs2013SR5 View Post
Ive got Retrax one cover, silver and i love it. I paid 900 for it. Bought it trhough Tonneau cover world.com. They gave me a military discount too.
How secure is that Retrax? How well does it keep the rain out? Got pictures?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
Libohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
I picked up a BAK ROLLBAK off Craigslist for $200, it should be here tomorrow... I'm pretty excited about it!
Did your RollBak get in? Pics!!! How was the install?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststang90 View Post
he got it from johns trim shop in baytown texas.
http://www.johnstrim.com/

look at this place i got my gun safe from them.
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/rollnlock.html
I've seen that place in 2920. I'm not far from there. I stopped a guy the other day with a roll n lock and he told me to check out GT Johnson on Kuykendahl and 1960. Said they have a large showroom.

What gun safe did you get? I've been wondering if someone made a behind the rear seat gun rack for hunting season to replace the molded storage plastic that's there now. That would be ideal.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose8651 View Post
You can find covers in the price range above, but I don't think the quality is as good.
You can check out Retrax which I believe is under $1000.00.
I've seen the RollBak for under $1K. Just wondering how people like it.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #30
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't tell you. Personally, I would never do business with Bak. They have some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, first hand. If you do buy it, just hope the product fits and works properly, or you might have a hard time with a response.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #31
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

Name: dwayne
faststang90's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine from pickupspecialties. i have seen under the seat bins but nothing for the tacoma.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #32
tacoma.nut is on a distinguished road
Name: Beeb
tacoma.nut's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Cover

Peragon has a great cover. They have a video. I ordered one. I have the Taco long bed. $699.99 includes free shipping. U don't need a motor as well. Check it out. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
My cover was delivered on Monday and just finished installing it. Took me about an hour and was not too hard of an install. Have not had any time yet to actually play around with the cover, but so far I am extremely happy with the purchase. The cover is very sleek, a small canister so I did not lose much space, and the finish is great. Highly recommend this product.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
My roll n lock is going on 7 years, without any major issues. I have only had one incident where the locking mechanism froze shut during a freezing rain storm, sub zero temps overnight 3 years ago in New York. A quick trip to the car wash fixed it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great customer service as well. I almost bought a new one when I bought my new truck, but they sold me the short bed rails for $70, so I ended up using the same tonneau from my xrunner.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #35
mne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to behold

mne3312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My cover was delivered on Monday and just finished installing it. Took me about an hour and was not too hard of an install. Have not had any time yet to actually play around with the cover, but so far I am extremely happy with the purchase. The cover is very sleek, a small canister so I did not lose much space, and the finish is great. Highly recommend this product.
Awesome! When I would throw something in the bed I used to put it as close to the cab as possible until I purchased the Truck Covers USA Rolling cover. With the cover locking every 12", now I put the load right by the tailgate and pull the cover to secure it. I bet it looks great on there!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #36
Quote:
Goose, Got pictures? How much did you pay for it? What is the size of the canister?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #37
I don't have photos of it, but check out post #15, it is the same thing. The canister is 8" x 8".
Old 06-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmadcowx View Post
My roll n lock is going on 7 years, without any major issues. I have only had one incident where the locking mechanism froze shut during a freezing rain storm, sub zero temps overnight 3 years ago in New York. A quick trip to the car wash fixed it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great customer service as well. I almost bought a new one when I bought my new truck, but they sold me the short bed rails for $70, so I ended up using the same tonneau from my xrunner.
How well has that vinyl held up?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #39
Quote:
Goose, Got pictures? How much did you pay for it? What is the size of the canister?

Here are two I took when at the hardware store this afternoon. So far extremely happy. Planning to buy a power pop n lock soon.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #40
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How well has that vinyl held up?
Just fine. I really look for things to nit pick on anything I buy, but I really can't find one with this tonneau.