1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fastenal Shipping Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by andrew8404, May 29, 2013.

1. May 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    andrew8404

andrew8404 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 (Sold) 19 Ford Ranger Sport XLT 4x4
    I'm trying to figure out how to ship a bumper from Northern Cali to Southern. I have no problem driving up there to get it but figured it would be cheaper and easier to just ship it. I called a few shops but no one really knows if they can ship it and just keep giving me the run around. I'm really confused do they not normally ship things? One guy said it takes up to much space and just sat for a month? I thought most the vendors on here use them to ship bumpers etc? Anyone else have any other ideas? If all else fails I guess I"m driving up there.

2. May 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    andrew8404

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Anybody???

3. May 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Deathproofduck

Deathproofduck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    13 StormTrooper DCSB Icon, scs, front runner..etc
    Too many to list
  4. May 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    I had my BAMF sliders shipped from the original owner to me by Fastenal. After 3 weeks of delays and empty promises, I went to the local Fastenal here and they found them, and got them delivered.

By the sound of it, the shipping Fastenal just stuck a label on the sliders, it fell off by the time it got to Atlanta. In Atlanta, the sliders were pushed into a corner and noone bothered to find out anything to get them delivered.

Over the shipping price is good, the service is pretty poor, but they may be a best deal for the big heavy stuff.

Fed Ex they are not.

PK

5. May 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    andrew8404

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:

Yeah just talking from them thats what it sounds like. Might as well spend more money and go for fedex.

6. May 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    fastenal is easy to ship through. Flat rate on time zones. Cost like nothing to ship DCLB sliders from oregon to texas. If they cant figure it out, have them call store ORKLA, located in K. Falls oregon. They have you fill out a form, pay the fee, done... lol to ship in the same time zone i believe its like less then $80.

Products Discussed in

To Top