Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trade in 08 Access cab for newer 4x4 Regular cab? Input appreciated.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
FirefighterTN is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Squad
Name: Joe
FirefighterTN's Tacoma Gallery
Trade in 08 Access cab for newer 4x4 Regular cab? Input appreciated.

I have a 2008 manual access cab pre-runner. I've always wanted a 4x4 regular cab with an ARE cx windoor topper. My monthly payments on the access cab are around $220 (I still owe about $10,000). Should I try and make a trade with a dealer for a newer 4x4 regular cab?

Is it a smart move to trade the access cab for the regular cab with a dealer? Is it a good financial move?

Any advice appreciated.

-Joe
Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
tacomawv
tacomawv is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
tacomawv's Tacoma Gallery
I went from a regular cab to a access cab. I miss the regular cab. You may miss the space you have. The regular cabs have very little space behind the seat. The 4X4 will be nice.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Does not suffer fools lightly
linzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud of

Name: Linzy
linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
How tall are you? Have you test driven the Reg Cab? This would be my first suggestion. Just make sure it will be comfortable for you. Reg Cabs do not have much room back there. I am six foot and I wouldn't own one because of that. (And I like to throw the pups in the access cab) It would suck to do the deal to figure out you couldn't drive it w/o being uncomfortable. As far as resale. Look at what your truck (Kelly Blue) and compare it to the same model year with the features you are looking at. That should give you an idea of resale. Also just Google search some older reg cabs, compared that to a search for your access and see how many there are. If you find a ton of reg cabs count on less resale (supply and demand). Thats my 2˘.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'1 and I fit in my regular cab prerunner just fine, room to spare actually
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
I'm 6'. I do need to get in one for a good period of time to feel it out. I do have dogs I could put in the bed with a topper for short trips, and use the wife's suv for longer trips.

Can anything fit behind the seats in a regular cab? Jacket? Umbrella? etc....
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I can fit my rifle case behind mine without adjusting my seat
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming.