Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Did the prices dramatically increase??

Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcorehehaw View Post
Just got a 09 Prerunner Doublecab for under $25k out the door with my windows tinted and a $600 clear bra on the hood and front bumper.

I had to order the gray color cause no dealer had it around, I'm sure I could have talked them down much more on a truck that had been sitting on their lot for a while.
That sounds like a decent deal. The dealer by me had half a lot of Magnetic Grey models. Regular cab, access, dbl cab's.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i forgot what I paid. probably too much though.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #23
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Well, at least its good to know with the new ones so expensive and a couple years of this body style left, that we all should at least get a decent price on ours if we ever decide to sell(which is probably never gonna happen, but who knows, LOL).
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #24
agtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really nice

agtex42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
used prices are so high it almost makes sense to buy new, thats what I did.
I try to buy used if I can, but these Tacomas hold their value like a freakin Harley and it's hard to find a good deal on a used one. Pretty much all the used trucks in my area are listed for $5-6k less than sticker! I figured if I'm spending that much, might as well spend a couple grand more and have a brand new one.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #25
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
my truck is a 2008 DC TRD Sport prerunner. Sticker was something like 28,600 or something very close to that. I called the dealer, told him everything I wanted exactly to the color and if they wanted a sale I told them I would pay no more than 21,400 OTD for that exact truck. I said, I'm not here to barter or for anything else but that.

Two weeks later they called me back saying they found my exact truck but couldn't do less than 23,500. I reminded them that i wasn't going to go anyhigher than what was previous stated and sure enough they folded and I had my new truck with everything i wanted two weeks later. Keep in mind thats about 7k off sticker including the 2k toyota was offering. You can get the deal you want, just be patient.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #26
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any Canadian's here?

I went and test drove an 09 Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad, 6spd manual.
The sales guy was only moving $1600 off MSRP,
Total tax in was $38,500

Crazy you say... Hell yeah..

I'm going to use www.apa.ca to see if they can give us a better price.
Were not in a rush to buy, we have at least a 3month window, so the ball is in our court... However, they need to "Order" our truck, since theres none around.. maybe thats why its so expensive?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #27
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
my truck is a 2008 DC TRD Sport prerunner. Sticker was something like 28,600 or something very close to that. I called the dealer, told him everything I wanted exactly to the color and if they wanted a sale I told them I would pay no more than 21,400 OTD for that exact truck. I said, I'm not here to barter or for anything else but that.

Two weeks later they called me back saying they found my exact truck but couldn't do less than 23,500. I reminded them that i wasn't going to go anyhigher than what was previous stated and sure enough they folded and I had my new truck with everything i wanted two weeks later. Keep in mind thats about 7k off sticker including the 2k toyota was offering. You can get the deal you want, just be patient.
keep in mind the markup on a pre-runner and access cab is a lot more since there is no 4wd system to put in and the access cabs have more cab material.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #28
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
keep in mind the markup on a pre-runner and access cab is a lot more since there is no 4wd system to put in and the access cabs have more cab material.
double cab should have more material and the 4wd version of my truck had a sticker of 31 something. Either way I paid less than national average for my truck so I'm happy.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #29
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i would be happy too. I traded a vehicle in so who knows what i really paid in the end.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
thats whats keeping me from going to look at them. Im not the best haggler..lol
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
thats whats keeping me from going to look at them. Im not the best haggler..lol
Me neither. I was damn near terrified but edmunds.com got me through it and I came out on top.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #32
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^It's two separate transactions: one is your trade in and the other is the new truck. Negotiate them separately, they should never be negotiated as a package.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #33
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bet the 4wd system costs $500 bucks, max... you have no idea how much mark up is on those trucks!!!

Usually the more loaded the more profit is in there. The base models they usually break even at best, just to have them there for you to upgrade
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
If you will shop around i've seen 09's with the TRD Sport with a mfg. discount of $900.00+ on sticker. I got mine with that discount for $25,800. TRD Sport dbl cab, mats, tow & drl. No negotiating. I think i got a good deal.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #35
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^It's two separate transactions: one is your trade in and the other is the new truck. Negotiate them separately, they should never be negotiated as a package.
you can say that all you want...but you still get screwed on the trade because thats where they make the money money.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #36
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dak View Post
I bet the 4wd system costs $500 bucks, max... you have no idea how much mark up is on those trucks!!!

Usually the more loaded the more profit is in there. The base models they usually break even at best, just to have them there for you to upgrade
when you find out for sure, let me know
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #37
EricS76 is on a distinguished road
EricS76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you can say that all you want...but you still get screwed on the trade because thats where they make the money money.
Not really. I've never got less than blue book value on my trade-ins. I expect to get kelly blue book or NADA value or better for my trade. If I don't I walk unless they come way way down on the price of the vehicle i'm buying. You can see what your trade in is worth online at both sites. Print it out and bring it with you. I got $4000 more for my mother when she was tradeing in her Durango. They basically came and lied to me twice about it's blue book value, until I pulled out the print out from the KBB site. (the dealership was offering 130% KBB value for trade ins, but when they did the blue book value, they did it as a base model Durango, and her's was loaded. I called them on it. Pretty crooked thing to do, but they had to admit they were wrong when I gave them the print out.)
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #38
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
blue book doesnt mean much anymore. atleast around these parts. maybe its different in other states.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #39
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Totally untrue. If that's happened to you then you screwed yourself. Learn how to negotiate.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #40
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS76 View Post
Not really. I've never got less than blue book value on my trade-ins. I expect to get kelly blue book or NADA value or better for my trade. If I don't I walk unless they come way way down on the price of the vehicle i'm buying. You can see what your trade in is worth online at both sites. Print it out and bring it with you. I got $4000 more for my mother when she was tradeing in her Durango. They basically came and lied to me twice about it's blue book value, until I pulled out the print out from the KBB site. (the dealership was offering 130% KBB value for trade ins, but when they did the blue book value, they did it as a base model Durango, and her's was loaded. I called them on it. Pretty crooked thing to do, but they had to admit they were wrong when I gave them the print out.)
Exactly.