1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Second gear vibration

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ez63, May 31, 2013.

1. Jun 16, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    obscurotron

obscurotron Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    Too many to list, and I've probably forgotten a bunch.
    OP, one of your posts gave me the impression that they were doing TSB 0249-12, but that they did it bit by bit. Is that the case? Did they also to the dampener in the steering wheel, or just springs and the trans/transfer case mount?

Either way, glad to hear you got things worked out. After I get the driveline TSB done, I'm going to talk to them about the springs (a basic topper and 4 or 5 sheets of 1/2" plywood will bottom the truck). They may give me hassle since I have airbags - I may have to buy a set of bumpstocks, for back to stock for a while, get the TSB, then reverse it all. Lol.

2. Jun 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    ez63

ez63 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Slower Lower Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB Sport 4X4
    None yet...but can't wait!!!
    The order of TSB was as follows:

1st appt. top of the "SEALED" tranns fluid...1/2 to 3/4 qt low with only 3k miles (no difference in ride)
    This blows my mind!!! Why would they sell you something you could not maintain yourself...oh wait I know, so you have to bring it back to them and get bent over for service!!!!

2nd appt. trans / transfer case mount and steering wheel dampner
    (this did make a difference with smoother highway ride...not feeling the ripples in the highway as much)

3rd appt. changed rear springs...after having a chance to drive it a while I'm more disappointed now than ever. Not only is the vibration still there, it rides like SHIT. I bought a Tacoma because I believed in Toyota. I dropped 30k on a truck believing I would be (for the most part) worry free for 250k miles. Instead I have a truck with 5k miles on it and I'm liking it less and less every time I drive it!!!! That SUCKS!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, gotta get it off my chest.

3. Jun 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    obscurotron

Member:
    N. Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    That sucks to hear. OK, after I get the driveshaft TSB done, I'll report back and let you know if that made any difference in the 1-2 shift issue/vibration. Maybe that'll be the ticket.

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    obscurotron

Member:
    N. Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    OK, back from the dealer with the driveshaft TSB done. I still get the "sproinging" sensation when I release the brakes at a stop and still get a vibration on the 1-2 shift, though it's not as bad now. This was with Ride-Rite airbags set at 5psi and then with 24/22 psi later.

BAH. I'm out of ideas.

Products Discussed in

To Top