1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 SR5 front buckets Wet Okole help...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rob755, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Jun 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    rob755

rob755 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SW Oregon
    Hi, I just got my covers from AAnything, and on my above stated taco there is so many "things" under the front bucket seats that it right off-hand looks like a major PITA to get the straps hooked on the seat portion. Any tips/tricks? Would removing the outside side covers (plastic part) help? If so, how do they come off? Just pry? Tried to call wet okole just now and though it is early in their stated open for business support day, they had me leave a message saying they would get back to me the next work day, and would really like to get these on. I can probably/maybe get them done, but advice would be awesome! Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. Jun 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    Ampo

Ampo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 4x4
    They were a pita to instal on my 2012 SR5. Basically you have to leave the straps really loose so you have enough play/slack. You need to make the connection under the seat one handed so keeping the straps loose helps alot and then pulling on the free end of the straps after they're connected to tighten them is the only way I could get them on.
    They do fit and look great once your done though. One other tip I would give you is be carefull how much you pull on the end of the straps when you tighten them up. Pull to hard and you get these indentations on the front of your seat but you do want them snug enough so they don't bind or move around on you.
    Good luck

3. Jun 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Take the seats out of the truck...four bolts and a quick connect for the air bag sensor and done in a couple minutes

Spend less time taking out the seats than fighting for angles in the truck. Can get a much better fit too

4. Jun 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    This ^^^ Put a seat in your bed, and install the cover. Easy peasy!

5. Jun 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    Sparky73

Sparky73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB 4x4
    Famous Fabrication Sliders, Duratracs, Painted Grill, BHLM, Devil's Horns Emblem, Derp'd Badges, Wet Okole Covers
    Took me about 15 minutes per front seat to install mine. I'd probably have spent more time pulling/reinstalling the seat than it took to install the covers.

1. Let all the straps all the way out, leaving only 1-2" beyond the clip to grab ahold of.

2. Install the seat bottom cover first.
    - Turn the cover inside out and work onto the seat from front to back

- With the seat all the way back, push the front straps all the way back under the seat.

- Slide the seat all the way forward.

- Reach under the back of the seat and find the elastic cord with a clip that holds the curved plastic seat back bottom in place. Unclip if from the metal bar it's attached to.

- Work the rear straps between the seat bottom and back. Adjust the seat back "back and forth" as needed to get the rear buckle as far down as you can and pull them out from under the back of the seat.

- Attach front/back straps but don't pull them tight.

- slide the inside side strap down between the seat and center console

- Gently pull out on the outside plastic trim just enough to fit the plastic clip through. Push the free end of the strap through before the clip so you'll have something to grab onto. It takes a good amount of force to pull out the plastic but go slow and open it just enough for the clip to pass.

- Slide the seat all the way back and connect the side straps from under the front of the seat. If possible, try to route those straps over your the rails that your seat slides on. This isn't absolutely necessary and I didn't do it on mine.

- Pull all the straps snug while ensuring your seat cover is centered and tight.

3. Install the seat back cover (with straps loose as before)

- Remove headrest

- slide seat cover down over seat back

- Push front straps down between seat back/bottom. Move seat back forward/back as necessary. On the passenger side, laying the seat down makes this much easier.

- Slide seat all the way forward and pull the front strap down from the rear so they are hanging free

- Reattach the elastic strap clipped to the bar under the seat that you previously removed (curved seat back bottom)

- Attached front/rear straps and pull snug.

4. Install the headrest cover and have a beer!

***If your hands are too big to fit into some of the spaces, your options are to pull the seat or find a friend/girlfriend/neighbor kid to help for a few minutes. IMO, it's much easier to find someone to help than to pull the seat but that's always an option too. Good Luck!

6. Jun 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    rob755

rob755 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SW Oregon
    Thanks for the replies...much appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top