Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

no new Tacoma for 2014

Old 06-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
I like the look of the 2nd gen. I'm scared if they do a re-design on the Tacoma they will make it ugly as fuck or worse turn into a truck/SUV love child like the Ridgeline...
I agree. Look at the 2014 tundra pics...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Love the looks of the 12-13 the most.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
My wish list
1 Power seats (heated leather...manual...really?)
2 cargo light for the bed
3 sunroof
4 diesel
If I had those options in a 2nd gen id never want another truck
Old 06-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #24
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
So you're the type of idiot that drives up costs?

I personally hate a new design every year or two. I wish they would not redesign anything for at least every 5 years. I am talking lights/trim/interior. That would save us a lot because of retooling costs. But whatever.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
I just want a sunroof option and 3-5 more MPGs.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
I have only owned my truck for a month, but I came from a much better equipped vehicle (in terms of luxury). I really don't miss most of that stuff. Heated/cooled/power leather seats, moonroof, Nav, was all fun to have, but now that I don't have it, most of it is a non-issue. I actually like having a simpler vehicle much more. MY gas mileage so far has not been great, but not terrible either. Most of my driving is stop and go, and I am averaging about 16-17 compared to the 18-18.5 I averaged with my Jeep.

A few things I would like to have:

-Metal Bed
-Bed Light
-Sunroof option
-MPG calculator in the on board computer. My jeep had an instant digital, and an average trip that you could re-set for the drive or per tank, which was what I did.
-Second tow hook on the front with TRD package

Overall, I love my truck. The size is perfect, payload is good for me, and creature comforts are just right.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Actually Toyota should not only redesign the Tacoma but they should add a minitruck to the lineup. If they did that and designed it as a retro back to the late 70s and early 80s 4WD it would sell like a mother. Especially if they went back to solid axel.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Actually Toyota should not only redesign the Tacoma but they should add a minitruck to the lineup. If they did that and designed it as a retro back to the late 70s and early 80s 4WD it would sell like a mother. Especially if they went back to solid axel.
So would a 66 Mustang...57 Chevy...63 Corvette...among others

But none would meet US safety standards, and would cost too much to produce to be profitable
Old 06-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #30
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I would say Toyota most likely release an all new Tacoma in 2015 as a 2016 model. My guess is that it would be a complete re-design and along with new drivetrain as mpg is the name of the game along with meeting govt standard recently passed. Judging from the new Tundra and 4Runner, it might be fugly.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #31
nizzmont is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
nizzmont's Tacoma Gallery
you never know what they will do.look what the did to the FJ,makes me sad everytime I see one but that's just me
Old 06-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #32
Zarny is on a distinguished road

Name: Prem
Zarny's Tacoma Gallery
Not to complain about my new truck, but for what I paid I'd like to get a lock on my gate and lights on my switches (i.e. 4x4 switch)
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #33
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
It may be a old design but it's proven and it works very well. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they kept the second gens for another 10 years. It's one reason Tacomas hold their value so well, they don't change the bodystyle and engine/transmission combinations every 3 years like most other trucks.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
So would a 66 Mustang...57 Chevy...63 Corvette...among others

But none would meet US safety standards, and would cost too much to produce to be profitable
This, when compared to today's standards and looking back on some of them old cars it's amazing. Most of them were just death traps. Don't believe me, watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g
I love older cars don't get me wrong, am a huge muscle car fanatic, but older cars aren't the safest options at all.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #36
LoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud of
LoneCynic's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my Tacoma for five months now, and I really enjoy it. I don't believe they need to redesign a new model until the competition brands bring out their new midsize models first. I am the type of person that prefers function over luxury, especially when it comes to pickup trucks. I am well pleased with the options and features the TRD Off Road and Towing packages added to my Tacoma. My Truck is optioned exactly the way I wanted, and has everything I need, so I have few complaints. Thankfully, the Tacoma is highly customizable. Between a long production run, and aftermarket support, most anything you want that the Truck doesn't have can be added. I added the Pop N Lock tailgate latch so I can lock the tailgate.

If there was one thing I really want to add that I wish the vehicle had come with from the factory, it would be an oil pressure gauge. I feel that is important information to have, and dislike the notion that a dummy dash light is sufficient for this. Other than that, everything else is satisfactory for me.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How about some fucking heated mirrors
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with a lot of what LoneCynic says. Also, if you have to change something, stay away from bigger - that's already covered by the Tundra. Add some HP, increase the MPG, add a bit to the payload. Then, leave the rest alone! Add a locking tailgate and 4w disc brakes as an option if necessary.

We have a really good truck. Questionable major styling changes won't make it a better vehicle.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #39
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the 1st gen trucks ran from 1995.5 - 2004 (9 years)....

I also talked with a Toyota Rep at the Philadelphia Auto Show. He confirmed NO redesign in 2014.

2nd Gens have been around for 8 years now (2005 - 2013)....so, if we follow the same pattern as the 1st gens - we shouldn't see a 3rd Gen until 2015 or later. So hold onto your britches.....it's coming!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #40
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
And GET RID OF THE F'N TACO LEAN! Otherwise... love my '13