LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

no new Tacoma for 2014

Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #41
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
as long as they don't make it look like the new highlander
Old 06-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #42
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
Fine with me. It just means that the supply of parts will be available for years to come.

Maybe the longest tacoma generation yet?
Old 06-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
I want the 70 Series Landcruiser family (pickup, troopy, 4d, 2d shorty). Very versatile, simple, no-bullshit platform built for work. They are by far the most common SUV/Truck in Australia for commercial and research work.

Tundras could probably dominate the full size market, even though they are ugly IMO, if Toyota brought its 4.4L turbo diesel V8 (1VD-FTV) to the platform. Same goes for the 3.0 TD I4 engine (1KD-FTV) into the Tacoma. There are zero diesel small trucks sold in the country, only small or mid-sized cars and full size trucks. Imagine what would happen if the Tacoma, which is already immensely popular, had a diesel engine?

Lastly, can we PLEASE stop with all the electronics? I don't need heated anything (I'm tough enough to wait for the truck to warm up), climate control (so complicated...how are you supposed to drive and operate that simultaneously), skid protection (whatever it's called), and especially no dial 4wd switch. All that stuff is just more things that I can't easily fix myself. I like levers. I like the 'ka-chuck' feeling of throwing the truck in low range. I have the button 4wd and that's almost too much. Sorry...end rant.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
Competition is what creates change. Look at everything we use in our daily lives? Our Tv's, computers, phones, etc etc etc. We all want the newest, best thing out there. Maybe I shouldnt say "we", but you get my drift.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #46
Justin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really nice
Name: Justin
Justin Calhoun's Tacoma Gallery
What Tacoma's need is a damn diesel engine!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #47
Tcomaboy is on a distinguished road
Name: BakFlip customer service SUCKS
Tcomaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the tundra is redesigned for 2014,.... Tacoma can't be far behind
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #48
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
as long as they don't make it look like the new highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
And the rav 4
Or 4Runner
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #49
Resident redhead
adamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really nice

adamiata's Tacoma Gallery
Wish they made a regular cab, long bed PreRunner..
Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #50
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
Maybe they are waiting for the new midsize pickups from the American brands to come out. Then they can see what to build to match/beat them. Maybe...
That's too late.

The new models are already well on their way in development.
We just had a facelift and interior redesign for 2012, we won't see any other changes until 2015 or 2016.
If a manufacturer waits until after the competition starts selling to begin their design, they're already 5 years behind.

The fleet resource guide reflects "Minor improvements" for the facelifted (ugly) 4-Runner and Prius, and reflects "All New" for the Rav-4 and Corolla.
Interesting no comments on the Tundra's mild facelift.

FJ Cruiser is done at the end of Model-year 2014... better order one in the next 12 months, they're done June of '14.

http://fleet.toyota.com/availability.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcomaboy View Post
Well, the tundra is redesigned for 2014,.... Tacoma can't be far behind
That wasn't a redesign. It was a new tailgate that we can't debadge, and a new grille.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #51
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
so if we follow this 9 ear plan that's been going on for a while (and assuming that the fuel efficiency requirements don't change) it would make sense that a new one would come out in 2015-16 that would run another 9 years and then lead to a phase out of the line altogether (or complete switch to diesel). The 2025 efficiency standard that call for 54+ mpg in light duty trucks is almost completely unreasonable in a gas engine without MAJOR loss in performance or making it a hybrid (talk about a joke in a truck not to mention an annoying joke in general). So basically i'd expect 1 more major re-design leading to a complete phase-out.... which sucks!!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #52
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD 09 View Post
My wish list
1 Power seats (heated leather...manual...really?)
2 cargo light for the bed
3 sunroof
4 diesel
If I had those options in a 2nd gen id never want another truck
You can always add those yourself
Old 06-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarny View Post
Not to complain about my new truck, but for what I paid I'd like to get a lock on my gate and lights on my switches (i.e. 4x4 switch)
Exactly what he said...I don't need anything else although I can do without the illuminated 4x4 switch
Old 06-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Mickey is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
Mickey's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb wish list

I'd like to see:
  • cylinder (a.k.a. 'direct') injection, rather than the less precise 'port injection'
  • more transmission gears (6 - 8) - to allow lower gears (more torque multiplication for pulling), yet a tall final drive for highway mileage
  • taller top-gearing (for lower highway cruising revs) ... for highway mileage
  • REAL (Disk) brakes - not those drum junkers, that are so hard (and expensive) to work on. Come on, Toyota ... for $20+k, you can't spring for some decent rear brakes?
  • Ram-style rear coil (rather than leaf) springs, located by Panhard rods ... would make street driving more palatable. THAT would be a 'quality' move.
Let's see some improvement, Toyota. You can do it, now that the competition is offering it !
Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #55
Rednecks with paychecks
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
They should go back to the old school 1st gen look!

x2
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #56
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
ot would be cool to do a throw-back redesign of a 1st gen like mustang, charger , ect...
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #58
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^ Why so angry toyota??
Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #59
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post

I wish they would. I would trade my shit in right away.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #60
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Too evo.....

Products Discussed in this Thread