Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

no new Tacoma for 2014

Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
no new Tacoma for 2014

I spoke to my Toyota fleet rep who orders Toyota vehicles for the company I work for and he said 2014 Tacoma's are unchanged. Maybe some new colors and small options, but other than that its the same old same old...

HOW MANY MORE YEARS CAN TOYOTA KEEP THIS PLATFORM GOING???

The Tacoma, Frontier, Xterra, and Titan are dinosaurs!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
If true, good. I'd be pissed if I bought the last year before a major redesign.

Everyone's guess seems to be 2015.

Also, the xterra is getting redesigned next year.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
If true, good. I'd be pissed if I bought the last year before a major redesign.

Everyone's guess seems to be 2015.

Also, the xterra is getting redesigned next year.

I hope Nissan keeps the xterra as a "real" 4x4 with truck frame and low range 4WD... What they did to the Pathfinder is sad, but I understand they need to offer more of these minivan crossover things.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan has been designing some weird things. I feel sorry for the Pathfinder, and the new Quest is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
They should go back to the old school 1st gen look!

Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I spoke to my Toyota fleet rep who orders Toyota vehicles for the company I work for and he said 2014 Tacoma's are unchanged. Maybe some new colors and small options, but other than that its the same old same old...

HOW MANY MORE YEARS CAN TOYOTA KEEP THIS PLATFORM GOING???

the internal combustion engine is a dinosaur.

What do you want updated? The looks?

What new capabilities would you like to see?

I'm really not all for change for the sake of change.

the hanging on to my 1st Gen until it rusts out beneath me,
Tom
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe, just maybe, Toyota will improve the v6 platform with more power and better fuel economy. Tacoma already has decent power and fuel economy but, it would be nice to see improvement. Other than that I hope it doesn't get any bigger or less rugged. Honestly I like the Tacoma just like it is.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
i like the way it looks now.. even the 2012 lights is ok.. I agree 100% what Bigtaco said.. the only changes i would love to see are all options and cosmetics.. like a factory sun roof.. or a full back window that rolls down!!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankoo1234 View Post
i like the way it looks now.. even the 2012 lights is ok.. I agree 100% what Bigtaco said.. the only changes i would love to see are all options and cosmetics.. like a factory sun roof.. or a full back window that rolls down!!
Agreed!

I went for a spin in my bosses '13 Ram Sport and I gotta say I wouldn't mind some of those features in my truck. Sunroof, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, 3-4 house hold plug ins in the cabin, and sat radio.

All things I can add sure but they would be nice.

I still love my Tacoma though!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I spoke to my Toyota fleet rep who orders Toyota vehicles for the company I work for and he said 2014 Tacoma's are unchanged. Maybe some new colors and small options, but other than that its the same old same old new...grills

HOW MANY MORE YEARS CAN TOYOTA KEEP THIS PLATFORM GOING???11 more

Wouldn't really matter, a new dinosaur would mostly just be new bodywork, and design skins over the same old inner steering wheel type stuff to make you feel like they redid the whole thing. What would it do so different than the current generation?

But if I could get a new Tacomasaurus rex I'd like to see these simple things;
more load capacity, 200lb across the model range, 300lb even
3-5 more mpg
more leg room since my right leg rests on the plastic trim for the transmission hump.

hmm, they could do all that to a gen 2, really.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Nissan has been designing some weird things. I feel sorry for the Pathfinder, and the new Quest is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.
I agree with that but I think this might even be uglier as long as we're talking about Nissans....

Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery

no big surprise... patience everyone
Old 06-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Agreed!

I went for a spin in my bosses '13 Ram Sport and I gotta say I wouldn't mind some of those features in my truck. Sunroof, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, 3-4 house hold plug ins in the cabin, and sat radio.

All things I can add sure but they would be nice.

I still love my Tacoma though!
Sounds like your bosses Ram is a living room on wheels . All those would be nice but imho for me I don't need all that.

I also feel that if Toyota invested the time and effort to update the front end (although not very much) on the tacoma's like they did, I have a feeling that may stick around loger than 3 years.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe they are waiting for the new midsize pickups from the American brands to come out. Then they can see what to build to match/beat them. Maybe...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, Toyota will improve the v6 platform with more power and better fuel economy. Tacoma already has decent power and fuel economy but, it would be nice to see improvement. Other than that I hope it doesn't get any bigger or less rugged. Honestly I like the Tacoma just like it is.
I agree. I would like to see more power and a better rear suspension. Keep the same size.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You barely found that out . When there's a new tacoma coming out we will know . Go look at the new dodge ?
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #19
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Why change anything? Toyota DOMINATES the mid sized truck market. The Ranger is the other thing that comes close in sales but it dropped out two years ago. everyone knows the frontier is just a piece of shit (Nissan in general). Toyota knows they own the market they won't change until there's a true threat
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of the 2nd gen. I'm scared if they do a re-design on the Tacoma they will make it ugly as fuck or worse turn into a truck/SUV love child like the Ridgeline.

If they put the more powerfu/efficient engines into the Tacoma and stuck some more features into it I don't see why they need to make a new one. Having a long production run means parts are cheap and plentiful if you do need to replace something.